helplinedonate
  • Announcements

• ForumAdmin

Frequently Asked Questions - Step by step guides

Do you need assistance registering, logging in, posting, etc? Please visit the all new Frequently Asked Question Forum for step-by-step guides. Click the link below to access these helpful guides. Frequently Asked Questions
    • ForumAdmin

Recursos Nuevos en Español

http://www.parkinson.org/ayuda   http://www.parkinson.org/espanol    
    • ForumAdmin

Línea de Ayuda 1-800-473-4636

Línea de Ayuda 1-800-473-4636   ¿Qué es la línea de ayuda 1-800-4PD-INFO (473-4636) de la Fundación Nacional de Parkinson? Es un número de teléfono gratuito que ayuda a las personas con la enfermedad de Parkinson, sus familiares, amigos y profesionales de salud, a solucionar diferentes inquietudes.   La línea de ayuda ofrece: Información actualizada Apoyo emocional Referidos a profesionales de salud Recursos comunitarios Amplia variedad de publicaciones gratis    
jb49

Good morning!!

22 hours ago, ellaangel2 said:

omg, too cute for words!   Actually, kind of reminds me of "Ella" in action!

:-)   I think they are a lot like cats, too.  Kind of a cross between a cat, a dog, and a mouse, maybe (with ears like a rabbit).

Did you see the one that jumped up to the counter and grabbed the bag of something and ran off?  Did you notice how his legs ran like crazy, while his body stayed perfectly level and unmoving?  They are really something.

Also, the last one in the video--the baby white one:  It was especially cat-like, wasn't it.  :-)  So, so cute.

(And I can''t help mentioning one video in the series.  :-)  The one with four or five being given a bubble bath...)

Our cat is Baxter😊

37262263050_d64ca5b6bc_b.jpg

my birthday "bravelet" from my boys...part of the proceeds go to Fox Foundation 

good day all!!

LAD

Edited by LAD

Very, very nice, Lori.  Please let your boys and DH know how much we think of them and how much we appreciate their care for you.  Truly, your posts of your family interactions are very touching.

Where was Baxter In the picture where he is peeking out of the trees?

2 hours ago, Linda Garren said:

Very, very nice, Lori.  Please let your boys and DH know how much we think of them and how much we appreciate their care for you.  Truly, your posts of your family interactions are very touching.

Where was Baxter In the picture where he is peeking out of the trees?

That was in our yard. 

LAD - I just love those pics of Baxter, he is adorable.......somehow I missed him before.

Just love those bravelets, I have some of the newer charm type bracelets with messages, but never saw any like those that your boys gave you, very unique, very inspirational, very lovely.

• Like 1

Good  Morning to alll.  

Linda that is a cute little fox creature video, I have never seen such a creature before. And my neighbour kept the kittens at his farm until they were big enough to come to my barn.  They were my kittens from the get go.   LAD your cat likes the camera methinks.   Ella, Kitties may be kitties but when Marco is balanced on three legs to pee, he is not very happy about being rushed upon by Toby and Keith.  The look in Marcos eyes switches from love to sly quite easily Dianne,  Today he tried to dig under the chicken pen's bottom rail to get some old bread I had just thrown in for the chickens.  Just another day on the farm,,, 

Thank you for the kind words about the penny story.  Hang on to that penny Peace.

Have a Safe trip Twitch. 

Good days to everyone. 

jb.

right you are EllaCat, LAD, that is a beautiful bracelet.

Good morning World,

This is Thanksgiving Weekend in Canada.  It is a good time to be thankful for what we do have.  I have lots to be grateful about.  I may have Parkinsons and wish for certain things to be different but I can handle that situation.  I am glad that my thinking is still clear enough to know that the things in Life that are most important to me are not valued in terms of dollars.  My friendships with people, here on these pages where you all pop to life on my screen and offer up so many well wishes to me and each other rate very high on that list.  My wife and family, old friends,  digging a hill of nice fresh potatoes in the garden and watching the dog herd the cats, seeing blue jays eat the seeds from the sunflowers,  sitting by the woodstove on a cool night and the list could go on. There are lots of good things each day.  To enjoy the sunshine of each day though, sometimes we need to position ourselves beyond the Shadow cast by that Mr. P. 

Best wishes to fellow Canadians this weekend, be safe on the roads driving , and to everyone here, good blessings to you all.

jb

• Like 2

Happy Thanksgiving, jb!  What are the traditional foods for a Canadian Thanksgiving?

I agree with you that there are many, many positive and valuable things we are so fortunate to have in our lives.  It's so important to remember those things as we deal with visits from Mr. Parkinson.

Enjoy your day with your family!

Linda

jb, Happy Thanksgiving week. Another thing to like about Canada besides the fact that you live there: a full week of giving thanks. Here in the US, it's a one-day celebration for most, followed by a frenzy of shopping for more things that will never bring the joy that simply being grateful does.

Enjoy the warmth and love of your family in  Canada and your extended family here in Parkyworld.

Dianne

• Like 1

Happy Thanksgiving Holiday to you Jb.   Your post was so well said (as always.)

Dianne - You are so right.  Seems our Thanksgiving mixes into Christmas for some, I guess it is too close on the calendar.  It is obviously a distinct separate Holiday with special meaning and I have always said it does not get enough attention, people seem to forget the meaning of Thanksgiving and just use it as a day to get ready for Christmas shopping.  The worst is decorating for Christmas before Thanksgiving, please, let the Pilgrims have their day!

I have always wanted to be Canadian.  I spent a lot of time in Canada growing up, my family had cottages there and my Mother had relatives in Toronto.  I have always felt a draw to Canada.  Sure does seem the Canadians are not always in a political turmoil like we are in the USA.  Maybe the "grass just looks greener,".......but, it sure does look that way.

• Like 1

Happy Thanksgiving Canadians!!!! I've heard Christmas music playing already and it's not even Halloween yet. I like Halloween. You don't make big dinners and don't clean the house. Dirt fits in to the decor. 

Has anyone taken Rasagiline? My neurologist is starting me on it and it is very expensive. I hate starting new meds.

I finally got to the pile of 'to be shredded'.  You know after you finish you start to wonder if you should have kept any of it even though at the time you put it in that pile you made that decision. 

I haven't been on here much lately cause I've got PD. You know. Kept putting it off. We sold our RV and for awhile will be staying home. Sometimes I wonder how all the others are cause they aren't posting. Hope all is going well with all of them. 

And to all of us...a great day to all. Here the sun is shining. It's not too hot or too cold. And I finally got to that shred pile which has been staring at me for longer than I want to admit. Sometimes I would stick the pile in a drawer just so it would be gone. I haven't looked at those spots. But for now the outy pile is gone. 

I hear the cat meowing for something. This cat acts more like a dog.

Better go. Maybe the D in Mr D stands for Dog. 

• Like 1

Marcia, it's so good to see your post.  You always find the humor in things, and I enjoy that.  It's a unique humor--very imaginative.

And yes--a lot of us have noticed and missed some of our formerly regular posters, too.  I think that must be sort of normal, as I've noticed over the few years I've been here that that happens.  i think some, like for instance MarcB, move on to other sites where they feel more comfortable or where a site is perhaps more helpful for them for their particular needs.  We surely have met some awfully nice people here, haven't we.

Hope you keep in touch! 

Linda

T37585194241_e249d6b0b2_b.jpgThis made me smile... Thought I would pass it along

LAD

Edited by LAD
  • Like 1

Good morning everyone.

Hi Emms, how are things on the Emerald Isle today?

Those little messages are great LAD.  We used to brainstorm Parky slogans for T shirts here on the forum.

We had a good time at my Sisters house for Thanksgiving.  My sister, braver than a Pilgrim woman, sits about 50 people down in her house for the annual meal.  Turkey and dressing. Ham. Mashed potatoes, squash, candied apples, salads with strange little seeds and rice and beans (coos coos?) cooked carrots.  Desert is apple and pumpkin pies, cookies, butter tarts, pumpkin squares.  It is all pretty tasty.

This bit that follows was a reply that I made in the open forum.  I thought I was in this young onset forum and some of it was aimed at this forum, so I copied it back over to here. Sorry for the confusion. 

Hello Super Scoop, 

I'm glad that we have another super hero on the forum.  One can't have too many Super Heroes in their corner when the Evil Parkinsonaurus is on the prowl.  Which Reminds me.   Where is Super Lady Shera? And while I have your thread detoured a bit Mr. Super D  Scooper, I need to ask Linda this:  You like nicknames for everyone...how have you managed to stick with just plain Linda.  Should we start a "Pick a name for Linda Campaign."  Not that there is anything wrong with Linda.  It is a lovely name and you wear it well.  Okay Super Scoop, I will get back on topic.

Back in 2007, when I still worked as a carpenter 50 hours a week, I was starting to encounter a bit of a problem with my right hand.  It was not doing what the old brain was telling it to do by way of the nervous system and all those neurotransmitting cell towers that connected up the communication system between Motor control portion of my brain,  and parts of my body that needed to move as requested.  Or be still as requested. I had been treating it as you suggested Super De Cooper:  I was ignoring it.  I knew it was only a pinched nerve and it would eventually revert back to normal and I went to my doctor to confirm my assumption. Imagine my surprise when the good doctor did a few tests on my movement and said that I needed to see a neurologist and perhaps even a trip to a movement disorder clinic.  And few months later it was confirmed.  I had Parkinsons.  

When I started to review what this was all about and scrolled through typical symptoms, one thing that came up was that handwriting gets smaller and trails off.  Which was exactly what was happening.  Signing a stack of Christmas cards became a task.  Filling out addresses on envelopes became a chore. I told them at the bank that my cheques may have a signature that looks like this or this or this....  If not careful, I could have trouble reading my own grocery lists. 

The problem with handwriting is  that it is an act requiring fine motor control.  If I was writing on a chalk board with big strokes powered by shoulder and arms, my writing is better than when doing finer strokes using more wrist and fingers.  Try carrying a chalkboard through the bakery section at the grocery store. 

In conclusion,  No one should let me perform any type of neuro surgery on your brain., don't look for Christmas cards from me in the mail, I'm glad that we have a journalist on the forum,  I hope that you don't have Parkinsons SuperdeScooper, Linda is still Linda and that is fine with me, and I hope Shera is doing great but she should say hi once in awhile (maybe you have and I missed it), there are many others who should check in once in awhile, and I hope that you don't mind me yammering on in a straight circle on your well intentioned thread .

Hope that you get the answers that you are seeking SuperdeScooper.

All the best to you and everyone, jb

And now I better get going.  Lunch time is rolling around.  It has been a very wet morning here as we get the tail end of Nate. You must of gotten the same rain Marcia.   

Then, with a short struggle, he pulled on his latex gliding suit and with a running leap, he began his descent from the snow capped peak. Twisting he steered himself between the twin spires of Chimney Rock, met up with a surprised looking Falcon as he glided past the Empire ledge. His web cam was switched on as he hurtled under the big rock bridge and the webbed suit strained as he flew like a flying squirrel.  The desert floor was now giving up details to his eyesight and with great effort he cut to the right and torpedoed between two huge Redwood giants and pulled the chute strings and fluttered to a landing on a patch of green grass and he rolled to a perfect landing. 

have a good day, jb 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

jb, your sister sounds like quite a cook.  Her meal sounds absolutely delicious.  One of my favorite things since I first tasted them a few years ago when my cousin living in Canad brought them on a visit are the butter tarts.  Never had ever heard of them, and they are so delicious.  Is that what Lionel always went to for a snack in "As Time Goes By" (from the Afternoon Tea series of British TV programs)?  :-)

My former user name was "kittensandviolets."  I think it might confuse people if I change back to that now.  The reason I decided to use my own name is because I was suspecting people from my era would probably start joining in here as the years go by, and I thought it would be fun to reconnect.  As I rethink it, I think I would have gone with my former username.

The handwriting thing you describe was very strange to experience and have people comment on before knowing it was PD.  I read recently that printing in large letters works for some people, and I think it said also to write it backhand.  It surely would help us as we stand in a grocery store wondering what in the world it is that we wrote down to get.  So agree with you.  The other thing we could do is type the list.

Love your "straight circle" as a description!

We're having rain and extremely humid weather today.  Awful.  I guess it's from Nate.  I couldn't check the weather this morning because I've spent 6 hours trying to get internet access and am just now able to use my laptop again.

Keep those stories coming, jb!

Linda

I used my real name cause other wise I'd get confused and answer the wrong post. Like hey, where did this green chick come from? She must be really young (it's my mix up I might as well be younger. 

We were being careful but someone broke into one of the credit bureaus and they recommended changing our password.  Well, everyone I guess. Plus freeze our credit on the credit bureaus.. Now I have this long password . So I've been lazy and I will have to stop being lazy. 

I like making up titles for stories. How about 'A Cat Named Dog'. I like it. 

If I did this wrong, you won't see a picture.
Look carefully and you will see super cat. Unless the picture didn't make it. 
IMG_0927-1-288x300.jpg

Edited by MarciaJ
Had to insert picture. Super cat in invisible time machine.

I didn't see a picture, Marcia. How do you freeze your credit? Never mind. I'll Google it. Less stress for both of us.8-)

Dianne

41 minutes ago, Linda Garren said:

Marcia, I don't use a Google account.  I'd love to see the picture.  Is there any other format you can post  it in?

I post to Flickr and then copy & paste the URL 

I know the picture is blurred but I choose to think Super Cat is getting ready to take off in the time machine  . 

Thanks Dianne, LAD and Linda. 

He's so cute, Marcia.  :-)

My kitty has a very bad and strange habit lately.  If I am working on paperwork on my bed and he is nearby watching, for some reason he attacks me (my hands).  He's a loving cat, and I just don't know what causes him to do this.  It's not a playful way he does it, either.  He draws blood.  Anyone have any idea why he may do this?