helplinedonate
  • Announcements

• ForumAdmin

Frequently Asked Questions - Step by step guides

Do you need assistance registering, logging in, posting, etc? Please visit the all new Frequently Asked Question Forum for step-by-step guides. Click the link below to access these helpful guides. Frequently Asked Questions
    • ForumAdmin

Recursos Nuevos en Español

http://www.parkinson.org/ayuda   http://www.parkinson.org/espanol    
    • ForumAdmin

Línea de Ayuda 1-800-473-4636

Línea de Ayuda 1-800-473-4636   ¿Qué es la línea de ayuda 1-800-4PD-INFO (473-4636) de la Fundación Nacional de Parkinson? Es un número de teléfono gratuito que ayuda a las personas con la enfermedad de Parkinson, sus familiares, amigos y profesionales de salud, a solucionar diferentes inquietudes.   La línea de ayuda ofrece: Información actualizada Apoyo emocional Referidos a profesionales de salud Recursos comunitarios Amplia variedad de publicaciones gratis    
jb49

Good morning!!

14 hours ago, MarciaJ said:

LAD, You got me thinking..."Quote"...I thought I'd made it up. When we go out if I don't have a cane with me (sometimes I don't need it) I hold my DH hand. I stumble on uneven surfaces but I tell him I'll be ok if he holds my hand. So the line came to  me. When you said 'quote' I did a search to see and sure enough there is a children's book titled If We Hold Hands We Won't Fall. I have not read it but it was described as a book to explain Parkinson's to children. I had no idea. I should have searched first but didn't dawn on me. Sorry. Every time I think I'm original I find I'm not. 

And what's an expeller class? I meant exercise class!

LAD

8 hours ago, Linda Garren said:

Marcia, before we had refrigerators, what were the places called that people used to have outside of their houses similar to the one your dad had in the basement?  It was deep enough that it had steps, and the ice man would come and leave large blocks of ice for it.  It would keep food good in even very hot weather.

I think you mean an ice house. I don't know about storing food in it but they did ice. My dad did not have ice in his. The basement stays cool even in summer. Have you ever seen an ice house? We like to go on tours of old houses usually famous people used to live there. One did have an ice house and the same one must have been well off cause they had a two seat out house. I think one was for a child as it was smaller. I forget where it was located. 

Once we were in a state that I won't say which one and we  wanted to go to a drive-in movie. So we stopped at a gas station and asked where the out door was. This is what we called it. He said, "Oh, we moved that indoors years ago!"

12 hours ago, MarciaJ said:

I think you mean an ice house. Hi, Marcia.  Yes, that is it.  I don't know about storing food in it but they did ice. My dad did not have ice in his. The basement stays cool even in summer. Have you ever seen an ice house? Yes--but just from pictures.  We like to go on tours of old houses usually famous people used to live there. One did have an ice house and the same one must have been well off cause they had a two seat out house. LOL!!!  :-)I think one was for a child as it was smaller. I forget where it was located. 

Once we were in a state that I won't say which one and we  wanted to go to a drive-in movie. So we stopped at a gas station and asked where the out door was. This is what we called it. He said, "Oh, we moved that indoors years ago!" That's so funny!

Hi guys..hope all is well with everybody here..Winter is slowly but surely kicking in here advertising for Christmas already..

i was just chatting with some tourists today in the village  ..when they told me  their from  Ontario Canada i thought of jb  ....anyway take care friends.

Em

Good morning,

i came home last night to a flooded basement And a broken furnace. 

But guess what, these are problems with easy solutions (not cheap).  Thank God for small problems I can fix. 

I just know it's  going to be a great day today.

-S

I haven’t written on here for awhile, too busy caretaking and those never ending medical appointments.

Ijust want to cozy up in a blanket because it’s cold here!

This is a response I started over a week ago but never sent. It's nice to hear from you, Pathfinder. I imagine jb is jumping through the DBS hoops. I have a friend here in Seattle who is just finishing her programming. She seems quite happy with it.

Marcia and Linda, perhaps the term for the food storage space you are looking for is a root cellar. My grandmothers both had them. 

Dianne

On 11/9/2017 at 6:41 AM, Superdecooper said:

Good morning,

i came home last night to a flooded basement And a broken furnace. 

But guess what, these are problems with easy solutions (not cheap).  Thank God for small problems I can fix. 

I just know it's  going to be a great day today.    Awww, Scoop.  I admire your attitude.

-S

On 11/9/2017 at 11:47 AM, Beau's Mom said:

This is a response I started over a week ago but never sent. It's nice to hear from you, Pathfinder. I imagine jb is jumping through the DBS hoops. I have a friend here in Seattle who is just finishing her programming. She seems quite happy with it.

Marcia and Linda, perhaps the term for the food storage space you are looking for is a root cellar. My grandmothers both had them. 

Dianne

Ah. Root cellar.  Yes, I think I  have heard of that term, too.

I have been a hobby photographer for years... This is one of my favorites.... In honor of veteran's day....

LAD

38284835306_fc7a7e9507_b.jpg

• Like 1

Hi everyone.  Seems like I fell asleep here for a couple of weeks. All is well. I have had a session in Toronto to see if I am a good candidate for dbs. So far I'm good .  I am having more tests in january.  So far all is well.  Hope all is well with everyone.  Be safe. Be happy as you can be.  Jb 

• Like 2

Morning

Good to hear you are ok Jb. I don't post much but do read everything and you were missed.

Good luck with the D B S

Bard

• Like 1

Good Morning Everyone!  So glad to "see" you all this morning.  I thought Thanksgiving was this Thursday so I was going to do some prep work today but I looked at the calendar and it's not until next week.  So, my day is now open to I don't know what.  Maybe I'll convince myself to part with some more stuff and add to my donation box.  I want to declutter and simplify my home but I cannot believe how hard it is.  It really shouldn't be difficult to get rid of something I haven't used or worn in years but it is! 

Have a good day everyone.

12 hours ago, Peace said:

Good Morning Everyone!  So glad to "see" you all this morning.  I thought Thanksgiving was this Thursday so I was going to do some prep work today but I looked at the calendar and it's not until next week.  So, my day is now open to I don't know what.  Maybe I'll convince myself to part with some more stuff and add to my donation box.  I want to declutter and simplify my home but I cannot believe how hard it is.  It really shouldn't be difficult to get rid of something I haven't used or worn in years but it is! 

Have a good day everyone.

I had my son help me get rid of things.... It's easier with a partner in your quest for purging! We fully intend to move in two years so the big clean out is coming but for now it's baby steps. 

JB49- glad to hear some words of wisdom. Feel better soon! 

Have a good week everyone!  

LAD

Good morning.

It is a beauty of a day.

Thanks Bard  for your kind words. Hope you have a great B.C. Day.

How was Sean's graduation Em?.  How is your pain level Dianne.  Hello ms. Pathfinder. How are you Linda and Marcia?. In my neck of the woods everyone put fruits and vegetables in the basement of the house and it was cool enough to keep them fresh for part of the winter anyways..   Lad,nice pictures.  

I hope you all have a super Sunday.

Jb

Edited by jb49

Good morning Everyone.

I have a new small entertainment tablet. Only smaller. It is perhaps a tile? Anyways it takes some getting used to. This morning I realized that I wrote more than what was posted. But I found it. And just posted it. One can spend a lot of time with social media.

Hello Peace.  I hate throwing out anything.  Everything at my farm has lots of potential, I was just going to use that thing,  it holds memories, can't buy them anymore, would save a trip to town, or would do in a pinch. I still have schoolwork that my kids brought home 30 years ago that I send to them for birthday cards.yep I am not a thrower.

Be safe.

Jb.

Edited by jb49

HaHa!  "Potential", now that's a great explanation!  Also, that is a great idea about sending the schoolwork to your kids for birthday cards.  Can I steal that idea?  I've been wondering what to do with that box of my son's grade school papers. 

They are funny to look back upon. My daughter made me a father's day card likely about grade1 in which prompted by the sentence "when does your father look the most handsome" she filled it out with "when he is dressed in a suit and his hair is combed to go to a funeral." 

• Like 1

We weeded stuff out cause we moved and downsized. Then there is still more to do. I've decided it never gets done. 

Two weeks till neuro appointment. I hope he puts me back on old pills. I can't do hardly anything. DH is doing most of what I used to do. 

If you really want to keep stuff you don't use, have a large attic.

Good morning Everyone.

Hello Marcia. I hope that you have a Good Neuro appointment. I can't imagine not being on drugs. I would be rooted to the ground.. Good luck with that!!

Hey Linda, wazzup? How is Buffalo Ellangel? Got snow on the ground yet?.

Hi Peace.  How is the cleanup going?  Hi Dianne,Bard, and Em.

Have a good weekend.

Jb