helplinedonate
  • Announcements

• ForumAdmin

Frequently Asked Questions - Step by step guides

Do you need assistance registering, logging in, posting, etc? Please visit the all new Frequently Asked Question Forum for step-by-step guides. Click the link below to access these helpful guides. Frequently Asked Questions
    • ForumAdmin

Recursos Nuevos en Español

http://www.parkinson.org/ayuda   http://www.parkinson.org/espanol    
    • ForumAdmin

Línea de Ayuda 1-800-473-4636

Línea de Ayuda 1-800-473-4636   ¿Qué es la línea de ayuda 1-800-4PD-INFO (473-4636) de la Fundación Nacional de Parkinson? Es un número de teléfono gratuito que ayuda a las personas con la enfermedad de Parkinson, sus familiares, amigos y profesionales de salud, a solucionar diferentes inquietudes.   La línea de ayuda ofrece: Información actualizada Apoyo emocional Referidos a profesionales de salud Recursos comunitarios Amplia variedad de publicaciones gratis    
jb49

Good morning!!

Hi Jb and everybody...

All is good here..Seán's graduation went well thanks jb, and i have started a creative writing course so far so good my  hand writing is not so good now so thank god for pc's...The reason I just started this course is that I have been so down lately and well  use to love writing before Pd  invited itself into my life.

Getting set for Xmas here..already playing Christmas Carols in the shopping centre here..getting earlier every year..anyway take care folks..

Em 

Edited by em45

Hi, our dear jb.  We've missed you.  Hope you are holding up okay.  Please don't forget that we're here for each other and that means in good times as well as nor-so-good times.  If this is one of those not-so-good times, we're available with open ears and caring hearts.

Good Morning!

I am making some progress on decluttering my home.  I've got a couple boxes full.  Still ALOT to do.  LAD, the only one in my home to help with this project would be DH and he's more tight fisted with stuff than I am!  LOL.  So in fact, he is actually a hinderance to the process.

Em-have you gone to your writing course class yet?  Is it for short stories or something else?    Hey Dianne, How's it going?  Are you doing alright?  Good luck at your neuro appointment Marcia.  jb, bard, pathfinder, Linda how are all of you doing? And hello there Superdecooper.  Is everyone getting things done before the snow hits?  I got the chicken house cleaned, heated water bucket ready to be plugged in and fresh straw put down.  My darn hens have stopped laying in the house.  3 have begun laying in a pile of concrete blankets that are stored in the horse trailer and the other three have either stopped laying or they have a really good hiding place.  Any one know how to get them laying back in the hen house? 

I have pumpkin bread baking.  It smells marvelous.  The recipe suggested adding raisins, so I did.  I'm not sure I'm going to like raisins in my pumpkin bread but how will I know if I don't try?

My son is dating a girl with a 3 year old daughter.  I'm having fun thinking about and researching things to get the little girl for Christmas.  We haven't had a young child around for Christmas in many years.  I'm really looking forward to it.  Kids just make Christmas day so much fun.  It exciting to see things through their eyes. 

Well I've rambled on enough.  Take Care Everyone.

• Like 1

I have been asssigned pumpkin muffins, breakfast casserole and beer for our thanksgiving celebration. Me ...beer imagine that?! We plan on going to our cabin near the Appalachian trail near Gettysburg.  Our oldest will be working so we will have dinner again on Saturday when he comes home. 

Peace- I highly recommend the color wonder stuff by crayola...no mess but 3yr olds love to think they are drawing all over the place!  

HAPPY MONDAY 

LAD

Edited by LAD

Good evening.

Hi Peace. You never ramble on too much. I would read more of what you write. 3 year old girls and Christmas go together like peas and carrots. That should be fun!!  I often will put a big x on one egg and always leave it in the nest.  My current laying hens always look for fresh straw in the nest and an egg that is already there to add to. The x is so that I never will eat it because it won't stay fresh too long. If they are in the mood to not lay and  older than a couple years you will just have to wait.  Good luck. 

They try to start Xmas earlier every year here too Em..  Thankfully stores push halloween onto you until oct. 31but come Nov 1,  the aisles are full of christmas merchandise and singing chipmunks on the airwaves.  I leave Xmas preps as late as possible.  That is really good that you are taking a writing course em. I'm sure you will enjoy it.  Good for you!?

Did you get your furnace fixed superscoop?.  I get more frustrated these days when things go wrong and are not going to be fixed by me.    Like a leaky roof. I once would just fix it it. Now I have to get someone to attend to these things.  I know that happens to everyone but it wasn't supposed to happen to me. Scoop, I hope that you post here again soon!

Hey LADy. What's up. Anyone hear from Ella. ?

And I am Fine Linda.  Some times I have trouble getting around to posting and I think I will "get caught up tonite". But the truth is that I am getting rather slow now.  It seems to take a lot more effort to accomplish things that I have always done and my off times challenge my on times in length now.  We tend to eat a little bit later than most and then by the time dishes are done and cleaned up, I usually grind to a halt. Fingers won't type well, eyelids grow heavy. Thinking loses A bit of clarity perhaps.  I don't do much writing at night anymore. This seems to be an exception tonite. I did have a nap before  I ate though.

A good friend of mine had dbs done a couple years ago. He and I had about the same symptoms, and took the same drugs.  He is like a new man now with that whole on and off thing levelling out to a straighter line.  I don't think my highs will be as high following the operation,  but I hope that lows aren't as low where it seems I have froze up. I do have a series of assessments booked at the hospital for 2 days in Toronto in January.  Although I don't much like the thought of the upcoming operation, assuming I qualify as a candidate for surgery , I do look forward to some improvement of my symptoms.Thanks very much for your concern Linda,but I am fine. How are you doing?

Hey Dianne, I hope that you are feeling better.

And with that he turned and his black cape swirled out like a billowing parachute and as he clapped on his top hat and caught up his umbrella he vanished into the night.

Be safe everyone!

Jb.ll

Thank you for the Crayola Color Wonder suggestion LAD.  I just googled it and it looks like an excellent present.  That is going on the Christmas shopping list for sure.

And jb, I'm going to "plant" and egg with fresh straw in the hutches and hope it works because hunting for eggs isn't a winter activity. 

4 hours ago, Peace said:

Thank you for the Crayola Color Wonder suggestion LAD.  I just googled it and it looks like an excellent present.  That is going on the Christmas shopping list for sure.

And jb, I'm going to "plant" and egg with fresh straw in the hutches and hope it works because hunting for eggs isn't a winter activity. 

Glad to help! Enjoy the little one! 

Happy almost Thanksgiving all!!! 

LAD

Good evening. Thanks for asking about me.

My cold from last week is nearly gone, and my orthostatic hypotension is better controlled. Yesterday, my 87-year-old dad suffered a severe stroke. I spent most of the day and evening in the ED then in the critical care unit. The family gathered again today at the hospital to watch and wait. In some ways, Dad showed improvement; in the early afternoon, he developed and fever of 101. By the time I left to come home this evening the fever was down.

Tomorrow we will wait again to see if he will improve. It's tiring so I must learn to budget the amount of time I spend at the hospital. The doctors say he has obvious brain activity. Only time will tell.

Dianne

Hi Dianne,

So sorry that happened to your father.  I will think of you in the coming days and will hope the best for your Dad. Once again Dianne you are in the center of a medical situation requiring your strength and faith to guide you and make you strong.  I wish you well my friend.

Hug you, jb.

• Like 1

Good morning,

Just an update. Got my furnace fixed. Turns out a bird flew down the chimney and got stuck in the fan motor... super gross, but now Mrs. S and I are warm again.

And, not all my vivid dreams are terrible. Today, I woke up laughing from dreaming about grandkids (i don't have any yet) but I get the feeling when I do, they will be very funny people.

-S

jb, Thanks for letting us know how you are doing.  Am sorry to hear of things becoming even harder, and off times happening more often.  Same thing I'm going though.  No energy and cognitively I'm getting more and more challenged.  I've pulled back from posting and being online as much as I was and have also decided not to keep up with the political news except maybe twice a week.  Too upsetting in almost every way to watch.  Lies and scandals from every direction, with such a scandal-ridden president "leading" our country and a Congress that is so ineffective from being loyal to their supporters rather than the country.  Now isn't this just the most cheerful post?!!??  Not.

So let's see...  Tomorrow is another day, as Scarlet once said.  And a joyful one, being a day to give thanks to the Lord for all of the good things our country still holds.  A time of being around the table of abundance with family and friends (with no smart phones allowed) talking and laughing together.

Edited by Linda Garren

Dianne, 

I'm glad your cold and orthostatic hypotension are better.  I'm sorry about your father.  Remember to take care of yourself and listen to your body so that you can rest when it's needed.  I'll be praying for you and your family.

Peace

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Beau's Mom said:

Good evening. Thanks for asking about me.

My cold from last week is nearly gone, and my orthostatic hypotension is better controlled. Yesterday, my 87-year-old dad suffered a severe stroke. I spent most of the day and evening in the ED then in the critical care unit. The family gathered again today at the hospital to watch and wait. In some ways, Dad showed improvement; in the early afternoon, he developed and fever of 101. By the time I left to come home this evening the fever was down.

Tomorrow we will wait again to see if he will improve. It's tiring so I must learn to budget the amount of time I spend at the hospital. The doctors say he has obvious brain activity. Only time will tell.

Dianne

So sorry-prayers to you and your family. 

LAD

• Like 1

Yes Dianne. You bring us all with you. We got your back!  ....And maybe around lunchtime you will buy us a few French fries or something?. I will be thinking about you today Dianne.

Hugs to you.

Jb

Note..I thought this got posted yesterday.  This morning I found it floating around in my "editor?"

Good morning Everyone,

Hello Mr. de'Scoop, Fear not for the little Chicken who crossed the road and became a favourite in Philosophy circles as to her intent. Up to that point in its life, she perhaps felt insignificant and now enjoys the speaking tours and the late night talk show circuit.  Well?....maybe..

Hi Linda, good to hear from you.

Dianne:  I hope that you feel warm vibes from your circle of friends here; a shoulder to lean on. ears to listen, a tissue to wipe a tear. We can be whatever you need.

Our lives have Parkinsons Disease and handfuls of pills that we pop like Smarties. We feel the medicine reaching out to our limbs and grease our joints into movement again not unlike the Tin Man of Oz fame. Sometimes I wonder who will win the contest, played out several times a day.  Will my Body loosen up and do what a body should do or will the pills cloud my brain with fog and my legs be forced to dance that restless ballet written by  Mr. Dykinesia. Often I get pulled down into the undertow but usually I emerge , I ride that wave of "on time" and for that, I am thankful.

I hope all of my American Friends enjoy a safe and meaningful Thanksgiving Day today!

The Best to you all,

Jb.

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone!

i am so thankful today that my husband is having a great day. He recently had a minor dental procedure that knocked him for a loop. It was a perfect storm of cascading issues we weren’t prepared for, but as his OMT doc says, now you know how to deal you will be better prepared. It took four days for him to recover. We prepared for oral surgery after that and it was smooth sailing and continues a run of doing well. What a journey PD, Dementia, and Gasteoparesis can be. 

Thankful also for all of your kindness and generosity of spirit!

23 hours ago, Beau's Mom said:

I feel so much love and support from you, dear friends. As I leave for another day at the hospital with my family I will take y'all with me.

Love,

Dianne 

Hi Dianne..

yes I am also thinking of you and your Dad..take care..

Em

Happy Thanksgiving folks...

Creative writing course is going well thanks for asking Peace...it's mainly putting our thoughts down on paper ...or making short stories from poetry or songs or from your life .

Just wondering jb if ye ever plan on visiting Ireland let me know...

Take care everybody

Em

On 11/17/2017 at 4:20 PM, em45 said:

Hi Jb and everybody...

All is good here..Seán's graduation went well thanks jb, and i have started a creative writing course so far so good my  hand writing is not so good now so thank god for pc's...The reason I just started this course is that I have been so down lately and well  use to love writing before Pd  invited itself into my life.

Getting set for Xmas here..already playing Christmas Carols in the shopping centre here..getting earlier every year..anyway take care folks..

Em 

Em, we took a workshop on Valentines Day years ago, how to write a romance novel. I realized right away it was out of my  league. One lady had a lot of stories already written just not published. So when we were to write something I made mine amusing. Some were not happy with it cause they were serious about the workshop and writing. Some ladies laughed. My DH was the only male in the group. It was fun.