helplinedonate
  • Announcements

• ForumAdmin

Frequently Asked Questions - Step by step guides

Do you need assistance registering, logging in, posting, etc? Please visit the all new Frequently Asked Question Forum for step-by-step guides. Click the link below to access these helpful guides. Frequently Asked Questions
    • ForumAdmin

Recursos Nuevos en Español

http://www.parkinson.org/ayuda   http://www.parkinson.org/espanol    
    • ForumAdmin

Línea de Ayuda 1-800-473-4636

Línea de Ayuda 1-800-473-4636   ¿Qué es la línea de ayuda 1-800-4PD-INFO (473-4636) de la Fundación Nacional de Parkinson? Es un número de teléfono gratuito que ayuda a las personas con la enfermedad de Parkinson, sus familiares, amigos y profesionales de salud, a solucionar diferentes inquietudes.   La línea de ayuda ofrece: Información actualizada Apoyo emocional Referidos a profesionales de salud Recursos comunitarios Amplia variedad de publicaciones gratis    
jb49

Good morning!!

Good morning,

Well, I suspect that I have missed Breakfast time for most of you with my late good morning wish. It's a rainy Sunday and I feel rather lazy today.

Hi Marcia, and Emma. The two of you should get together and write a book. It could be about an Irish lady who moves to the American Midwest to take over an Irish Bake shop that was left to her by a distant cousin whose Grandfather emigrated from Ireland in the early 1900s.  While the run down house attached to the shop is being renovated to more modern standards you board with a local lady  (that's you Marcia) and her husband.   This lady answered a help wanted ad to work in the bakeshop with the newcomer, helping her to restore it to its former glory.I

There, that should get you started.

We would like to see Ireland sometime and if I do set foot there for sure we will see you in Kilkeny. But first.. Dbs. I will have to see how that goes!

Hope everyone has a great day!

Jb.

And it did work out fine.  As you did! What muscles LADy!   That was good fun lol.

5 hours ago, jb49 said:

And it did work out fine.  As you did! What muscles LADy!   That was good fun lol.

I couldn't do a pull-up if I tried for days! 

Good morning gang... it's been too quiet.  Maybe it was the turkey.   I hope these next few weeks of Advent leading up to Christmas bring you all joy & hope.  

Peace- 

LAD

Good morning eveyone.

Thank you for the nice wishes for the upcoming Christmas season Lad.

Maybe it was the turkey and everyone is sleepy still.  But I think that Em is working on her writing course, Bard is getting his snowblower ready for the next snowstorm.  Mrs Pathfinder is just trying to squeeze a couple more pies into her freezer. LAD y, Well It would take a couple writers to keep up to your activities. Linda is not online as much now.  And Dianne is busy with family matters I think.   Peace is getting A special Christmas together with a 3 yr. Old girl in the mix and Marcia is still Marcia.

Be safe everyone!

Best wishes to all 

J b

• Like 2

And the "kitty has Ella's tongue."

I'll be back soon, fighting a bad cold right now and the cold is winning...........

Take care everyone!

I had my appointment with neurologist. He gave me a prescription for my old meds. So I’m on the second day of taking them.

Hi to all!

Hey JB and everyone,

I wish I were making pies but I will be doing 🍪 on Sunday to mail to the grands! I love all those delicious smells of cookies being baked.

Hubby has had a rough patch lately, starting with a broken tooth, subsequent oral surgery and multiple appointments to fix everything. He hasn’t tolerated some of these things very well, but doing better at the moment. 

Have a good weekend everyone!

• Sad 1

Yes JB - I am quite ADHD - my son gets it from me. 

Glad you all are well. I made biscotti cookies and they got a bit crunchy -my mom told me I need a new oven! I did get an error code for temperature out of range so my 350 could have been 500! They are good in coffee or wine. 

38746895952_0f6ee2a723_b.jpg

Happy Friday!!  We lift each other up!!!

LAD

Edited by LAD
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hi everyone, Well not everyone replied, but I'm happy to hear from you Ella. And the cat has got your tongue. Should get a dog Ella, nobody really knows what goes on in the mind of a cat.  Take care of that cold. Marcia, I'm glad that you got to your appointment.  Nobody likes taking drugs but the right drug program can make your life better, movement easier and there will be some side effects but it is what it is. I hope that they work for you whatever the neurologist prescribed you.  Your kids will be watching for that package I am sure Mrs Pathfinder.  I hope you have your hubby all fixed up again and you can relax a bit. Thinking about you Dianne.  Hope you have a nice weekend Linda and Bard.  LADy, oatmeal cookies can easily go from a chewy cookie to a rock collection if cooked too long.  I overcooked some once, a big batch and you don't know that they are rocks until the next day sometimes when they get completely cooled.  Anyways, I went to toss this particular batch but decided it was too much stuff to just throw out. I started to boil 2 or 3 of them until soft as breakfast porridge..they turned out ok.

Have good weekends everyone. 

Jb.

Edited by jb49

Good Morning Everyone

We are busy looking after our 3 grandchildren (ages twins 6 little guy 2) for 10 days while their parents vacation in Mexico some trade i'm telling you. They are still in bed so have a little time for the computer. JB we are hoping we don't get any snow this year

Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend and will pop in when I can

Bard

Sorry using my wife's laptop have no idea where the lines came from

Bard

Thanks for the supportive thoughts, jb. My dad has been moved to hospice. It should be only a few days before he transitions to the next phase of his soul's growth. I have said my goodbyes and trust he will have a gentle passing.

Dianne 

I'm feeling much better. It is amazing what a small pill twice a day makes you feeling better. 

Christmas is almost here. I'm not ready so it's a good thing it isn't here. Yet.

I found if I am using my iphone to serf the net and I sign into this forum I can't find where to exit. Laptop no problem. So I have to use the laptop if I intend to write a post. 

It's Saturday! Happy day to all. 

jb, Not sure if this works for over cooked cookies but if you put cookies that got hard in a container that has a tight lid and put a slice of bread in with them, they will soften the cookies.

OPPORTUNITY

by: Walter Malone (1866-1915)

THEY do me wrong who say I come no more 
When once I knock and fail to find you in; 
For every day I stand outside your door 
And bid you wake, and rise to fight and win. 

Wail not for precious chances passed away! 
Weep not for golden ages on the wane! 
Each night I burn the records of the day-- 
At sunrise every soul is born again!

On 12/2/2017 at 12:35 PM, Beau's Mom said:

Thanks for the supportive thoughts, jb. My dad has been moved to hospice. It should be only a few days before he transitions to the next phase of his soul's growth. I have said my goodbyes and trust he will have a gentle passing.

Dianne 

Prayers to you Dianne....

LAD

• Like 1

Hello Friends,

Hi LADy. Good weekend? Bard, you must be having fun with your Grand Kids. Super da Scooper, nice poem.  Marcia, I am glad that you have found some help in dealing with your symptoms. I hope this will continue for you.

Dianne, that is a difficult wait. Thinking of you, your Father and Family during this time.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, LAD said:

Prayers to you Dianne....

LAD

Same here Dianne, thinking of you.

Em

• Like 1

With eyes barely open, "Good morning world".he said to the light

That had pushed in and burned away the last shadows of the night.

He tossed and struggled. Mere blankets bound him secure to his bed.

With effort he slipped free of his nest. His feet now on the floor led

His unsteady body with tentative steps, but they had to start to hurry

To get to the toilet in time.  Ah. Made it he sighs.  His eyes still blurry.

There is a bit of poetry for you all this morning. Can anyone re!ate to that.?

Hello Swamper. That is a term I used to use to indicate that I was riding in the front passenger seat. Usually it was in a Friend's car. I think people often call that position Shotgun now.  But in highschool, if I sat there, I was The Swamper but you could call me Swampy. Anyways, nice to hear from you.

Good morning Dianne. Hi Linda. Hope you are reading along. Hi Em.

Well, I better get going here. I have "a lot of pianos to tune today "

Be safe everyone.

Jb

Edited by jb49
Typos, looked like the dog typed it.
  • Like 1

Dianne-I've been thinking about you.  Prayers to you and your family at this time.

Pathfinder-I'm glad your husband is doing better.  Sounds like it's been a tough time. 

Marcia-Glad you're feeling better also!

I hope to get back on later for more chatting.  In the mean time, hang in there everyone!

jb49:  I have lurked and lurked on this thread for way too long--but now my cover is blown!  The Swamper comes from my geographic location, in the Okefenokee Swamp.  I never heard of the term being used as you mentioned--I wonder if it is a Canadian thing?  At any rate, now I must let everybody know that I am lurking.  If I could only type a little better (darn PD!) I would offer many more comments.

Hi Swamper. I lurked about this site for two years before I signed in. 

Dianne, sending supportive thoughts and hugs. 

I'm not back 100% from starting the pills but it's much better. The neuro told me that pill only helps with the tremors. It seemed to help with the muscles also. 

The cat got my computer chair so I moved my laptop into the kitchen. We found a wire clipped on the tree lights. But DH doesn't think the cat did it. She likes to chew on wires. We've tried to put the wires where she can't see them but she smarter than us I guess.

No snow here yet. But it is in the forecast. We are supposed to get to 34 today. That is degrees. 

Hope good health is in all of our future.  

m