helplinedonate
jb49

Good morning!!

Good morning everyone,

It is nice to see everyone posting up again.  It was cold here weatherwise after Christmas but we have had some nice days of late.  It snowed some last night , just enough that I will blow out my driveway.  It is nice to do some outside stuff that needs to be done,

Have good days everyone.

jb

Hi jb and friends...sounds like your busy jb any chance you could come over and tidy up my backyard when your finished??  have to ask ha! ha!

I had unexpected visitors here today..2 school friends hadn't seen in 20yrs wow it was lovely catching up ..made my day.(((and.no shakes even better) 

Take care folks

Em

1 minute ago, em45 said:

Hi jb and friends...sounds like your busy jb any chance you could come over and tidy up my backyard when your finished??  have to ask ha! ha!

I had unexpected visitors here today..2 school friends hadn't seen in 20yrs wow it was lovely catching up ..made my day.(((and.no shakes even better) 

Take care folks

Em

It's awesome to reconnect with old friends. 

Good morning Everyone,

It is zero F degrees out today.  Much warmer inside my house due to my central propane furnace and my woodpile built out of split beech, maple, white and red oak,  I also mix in some soft wood fire starter such as pine.  Nothing as nice as putting your feet up to the warm stove on a cold Canadian evening.  

This morning I wake up as usual:  it takes me awhile to get going now, first some pills,  flushed down with orange juice, coffee is ready and I sit on my butt for the next 15 minutes watching the news to see what is going on in the world.  By now the horses see the lights on in the kitchen and they urge me to hurry up and get out here, cause we need fresh hay.

Yesterday I saw a rabbit go at full speed past where I was standing.  Followed closely by Keith, my best cat, twin brother of Toby.  Once the rabbit got to the laneway with his 20 ft. lead, he disappeared.  Probably He dove into a scrap wood pile,  or the fence bottom,  into the sumac brush or maybe even had a getaway car awaiting him.  

Looking out the window this morning, I saw a mouse under the birdfeeder.  He was obviously out for a quick breakfast and he snarffed down black oil sun flower seeds  that had fallen from the feeder.  As he crossed the sidewalk  and hit the soft snow, he started to plow a wide path leaving a distinct trail but then I think I heard him cry out, "down periscope" and his dark nose went out of  sight and again I heard. "prepare to dive,  secure all hatches, planer fins at minus 45, available weight forward, full revolutions, set course for John';s  basement. " With that, the plowed out trail in the snow from the mouses body grew fainter as he went deeper into the depths of the snow and then, nothing,  Just a hole, white cold snow and me awondering if that mouse will end up in my basement one day, or may be he already is, (displaying shopping bags of today's booty to his wifey who was busy with the 10 baby mouses) and thinking maybe Keith should be guarding the basement against the Mice rather than playing Coyote-Roadrunner with the rabbits in the lane.

I gots to get going here. Meeting my coffee club..

Em, I will come and tidy your backyard.  Would love to.  If you tidy my garage.  Let me know when, I will arrange a dumpster.

Hello Lad,  Linda and all of you. Take care you'all.

jb.

• Like 2

Ahh, what a delight to wake up to one of your happy stories, jb! Thank you, thank you, thank you.

My day began with a feeling of great love and joy in my heart for both of my children. In a week, it will be the anniversary of my son's death. Isn't it glorious that I can feel the joy as well as the pain of life?

Blessings on your journeys today.

Dianne 

• Like 2

hI dIANNE, 

Another year slips around.  Another anniversary of remembering his Life as well as his Death. I learn from you, my friend.

You are a great person Dianne who has been through a lot.  Where I would see a wall of dark trees hiding a murky puddle of mud, You continue to part the branches, find a forward path, the sun streams into the clearing with you (or are you the sun?) and the mud puddle becomes  cute little pond of water, floating a family of little fuzzy ducks,  and surrounded by flowers, green grass and forest animals coming to drink from the clear water. 

I hope that your weekend is good.

All the best to you,

jb

• Like 4

Good Morning All!

Love the posting. I've been quite, busy at work. Somedays I don't feel productive enough, but try to limit the time at the computer.

I've been keeping active with the workout class. Changed name, no longer RSB.  The Rock Steady Program is good, and I still recommend it.  Sadly for the gym owners, the "corporate directors" have been consumed by greed. It was one person who wanted the best for those with Parkinson's, but they formed a board of directors who smell money. $1200 a year per location, but not a franchise just pay your money and do your own thing.   Sad to see it implode, but glad our local group figured it out and will continue on.

Good morning World,

It is morning time again.  Actually I started typing this about 3 hours ago and got interrupted by my head was not straight yet, the kettle was boiling, I was hungry, the dog was huungry, oh yes, so were the Barn Animules, and I talked with Daughter on the phone, cleaned up from last nite, did some of the neverending dishes, I put out some fresh birdseed for the blue jays, woodpeckers, juncos, cardinal (1 pair) chickadees and nuthatches. And I thought that I was going to meet my daughter today in town for Toms hockey game but I had that wrong,  It is tomorrow. 

Hi Texas Tom, how are you? Not your hockey game, but my grandson Tom's.  That sounds unpleasant about your boxing club.  It seems like there is always someone sitting in the wings, watching something become something bigger and then they try to grab it for themselves,  I hope that you find a place within the rock steady that is pleasant to be at.

There is a cold wind a blowing up from the east I think, and I think that it is a storm a coming. I should dig out a good book to read, stoke up the fire and think about all the things I think about but don't conclude my thoughts. Yes that is likely what I should do.  My mind maybe is looking like a library where somebody takes down a book, reads some random pages but then leaves it open on a shelf or a table or the floor or the chair and moves to another book. When that is repeated several times and several books are on the go, and nothing gets finished and all these open books are all over the place and thoughts return to that book but which book is it: this upside down one here? Ah. I guess I will continue with my line of thinking that brought me this far.  I need to organize myself better and spend my time more effectively.

Here is something that is new to the world, google. (The earth is at least a million years old, google, is still new).  Remember saying "I wonder how old the earth is"), (only question I could think of, lol), Well if you ask that question now, the smart phones are out in a hurry and someone will tell you the answer.  Darn, I wanted to wonder about that for awhile and come up with an answer. If You want to wonder about stuff, do not let any one know or else the answer is handed to you.

I need to get some things done.

Have a good day

jb

• Like 1

Hi, jb.  I read a disheartening thing about Google this morning:

‘Google Home’ refuses to answer ‘Who is Jesus,’ but has lots to say about Muhammed, Buddha, Satan (Lifesite News)

“Author and television producer David Sams conducted an experiment and streamed it live on Facebook. He noted answers from the most popular “smart” machines when asked, “Who is Jesus Christ?”
“When he asked Google Home “Who is Jesus Christ?” the reply he received was, “I’m not sure how to help you with that.” When asked about Jesus, or about Jesus Christ, or about God, Google Home answered, “My apologies, I don’t understand.”

Edited by Linda Garren

And as always, jb, loved reading your writing.  The wood that you have for your wood stove to burn, and the starter for the fire, must make such a  fragrance and also get the sparks and popping sizzling going.  Those are essential missing items that an artificial fireplace just can't make. 

jb, I do the same thing. I have a book someone said to read and I didn't cause there is a bookmark half way through. Now don't know what I read so will have to start over. 

Tom, so sorry about your boxing class. We had been going to this place to eat and they had a guy who sang while we ate. Then a friend told us everyone had to pay $7.each. I guess that ended that. 

And here I am trying to kick me into doing something. We are having snow. My note I'm writing just kicked me into space. I don't know what to write. Hope all are fine and the flu can't find you. 

m

• Like 1

Ah nuts. Victory is fleeting.  When I went to bed last nite I had Managed to put up 2 pics, one was a pail full of kittens. And then to make sure that the process was etched into my mind, I posted a picture of  a field full of white tailed deer.

This morning I find a big photo bucket blocker covering the photos.  More figuring and wondering to bedone!? 

Well good morning Everyone anyways. 

Well that was strange. Last night I thought that I had my photo bucket account working okay with the Parkinson forum. This morning it seemed like there was an open link not only to the picture that I wanted to post but other albums that were public in photo bucket as well. Sorry for the confusion.

Have a good day everyone.

Jb.

hey JB,

I see you're from Canada. Ever been to Niagra Falls? (I realize this maybe like asking a New Yorker if he's ever seen the Statue of Liberty).  Mrs. Supes and I are thinking about going there for a vacation this summer, but are looking for other things to do in Canada. Watching water fall is probably not enough to entertain me for more than a few hours.

-S

Niagara Falls is lovely, so is Niagara on the Lake. Toronto is a beautiful city, if you like cities! Tobermory if you like getting away from the hustle and bustle. Gosh, there are so many wonderful things to do in Ontario, I don't know where to start.

good luck, twitch

On 2/5/2018 at 2:13 PM, Superdecooper said:

hey JB,

I see you're from Canada. Ever been to Niagra Falls? (I realize this maybe like asking a New Yorker if he's ever seen the Statue of Liberty).  Mrs. Supes and I are thinking about going there for a vacation this summer, but are looking for other things to do in Canada. Watching water fall is probably not enough to entertain me for more than a few hours.

-S

We visited during the week - weekends are crazy. 

2 hours ago, Superdecooper said:

“Courage does not always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, 'I will try again tomorrow.”

love it! you need to check out the thread I started on "newly diagnosed forum" called "a little something to think about" and the one on "young onset" called " this & that" ...I have tons of quotes!

Please add to either thread... I love thought provoking quotes...

LAD

Edited by LAD

My favorite Christmas present from my sons!! Bottom right picture is me being a nut on the dance floor at our local hangout and waving to the bartender who had my camera! 

Happy almost Friday!

LAD

40159599551_e18aa0d6db_b.jpg

Hi Everyone,

Time to catch up again,,,

Thanks LADy.  I will try Flikr.  It works for you.  U always post very nice pics.

Super Scooper, Niagara Falls, especially the Canadian side, are beautiful to see.You could easily spend a couple hours looking at the water.  And the advice from Twitchy Mama is bang on and LAD is very correct about avoiding the weekends if possible.   Hotels are double what you may expect they should cost.  We walked a sidewalk there once and I could not believe the crowd on a Friday evening.   Toronto isa very nice city with lots to do.  TM is lright about heading north.  The Tobermory Area is beautful, less crowded and the ferry out to Manitoulin Island will have you started to explore Canada all the way to the Pacific Ocean.

I hope everyone is well.

jb

JB,  thanks for the great tour guide recommendations and also thanks to TM and LAD. I looked at the manitoulin island photos on trip advisor and it does look beautiful. I'm not a fan of big crowds when I go on vacation. I work in the US Capitol and everyday I see thousands of tourists blocking hallways and meandering around what is essential a big government office building complex inside a museum. So the idea of getting away from people is attractive. 

We are thinking about taking Amtrak north and then exploring other places in Canada. I'm taking the advice of a counselor who told me to plan something nice so I can look forward with hope.

-S

Edited by Superdecooper
  • Like 2