helplinedonate
  • Announcements

• ForumAdmin

Frequently Asked Questions - Step by step guides

Do you need assistance registering, logging in, posting, etc? Please visit the all new Frequently Asked Question Forum for step-by-step guides. Click the link below to access these helpful guides. Frequently Asked Questions
    • ForumAdmin

Recursos Nuevos en Español

http://www.parkinson.org/ayuda   http://www.parkinson.org/espanol    
    • ForumAdmin

Línea de Ayuda 1-800-473-4636

Línea de Ayuda 1-800-473-4636   ¿Qué es la línea de ayuda 1-800-4PD-INFO (473-4636) de la Fundación Nacional de Parkinson? Es un número de teléfono gratuito que ayuda a las personas con la enfermedad de Parkinson, sus familiares, amigos y profesionales de salud, a solucionar diferentes inquietudes.   La línea de ayuda ofrece: Información actualizada Apoyo emocional Referidos a profesionales de salud Recursos comunitarios Amplia variedad de publicaciones gratis    
jb49

Good morning!!

IMG_E1470-219x300.jpg

Wow! snow storm in progress. We are suppose to get up to 12 inches. My DH was going to go out and shovel but he looked out the window and the weather report and decided to work on the bathroom . It's been ongoing the last couple years. He's remodeling. My family has stopped asking if it is done yet. So snow storms are not all bad.  We have what several states don't. Moisture. 

Here is where I should post a picture. The snow is not expected to stop till 12am. Continuous. So there is a good picture out there someplace. I'm going to try and get one to share. 

I keep sending that pointy point all over. I think and could be hitting unexpected keys. So here I go till I manage to post a picture. I have a blog and that is where I put pictures on its way here. 

The snow is deeper than it looks. There is snow on the porch railing just can't see it that well.

Edited by MarciaJ
  • Thanks 1

On 1/4/2018 at 2:54 PM, MIMILASTER said:

Hi JB,

Let us know in due time how your assessment in Toronto went.

My best wishes for a Happy New Year to  you and everyone on this forum.

Mireille

Hello Mireille, thank you very much for your support and interest in my quest for dbs. I am slow getting everything posted that I want to. I am almost done the acceptance process and I hope that the surgery happens in August. I will take the time to fill in some more details another day. Thanks again Mireille.

Jb

jb, thought of you when reading this on my MPN Forum (for polycythemia vera) this morning.  It's also a favorite of J of Grey Cottage, who mentioned it to me recently. Must be making a comeback? 

Sing Me The Old Songs"
(--Author Unknown; sung by Tommy Makum)

I sit by my fire when the twilight falls softly
And all the sweet memories flow through my mind
I imagine I see, as the flames wave and flicker
The people and places that
I've left behind

Chorus:
Sing me the old songs of laughter and pleasure
Sing me the old songs of sorrow and pain
Sing from the heart, sing of love without measure
The good times, the bad times, the sunshine, the rain

I hear an old song that keeps haunting me ever
The good times rush back with that well loved refrain
The sweet wine is flowing, the bright laughter ringing
And all the old friends gather 'round
me again

Chorus
I remember the summers, the walks in the country
The long, quiet evenings, the smell of the hay
The touch of a hand and a smile that beguiled me
And told me of love that's still with me today

HI EVERYONE,  , OOPs dont need those caps do we. 

I hope everyone is doing okay.

Tragic shooting in Florida school today.  Gosh..,  

I drove to kingston on Saturday. An hour on the freeway, reasonable traffic  but a bit of a snowstorm,  By the time I got to my exit and to my daughters house, my eyeballs were solidified in place. Staring through the snow, or the  heat of the defroster dried them out,  I dont know, but I felt like my eyes were really starting to burn out on me.  I was still driving ok, but it was sorta like there was not enough levadopa in my body left to even make my eyeballs turn, swivel or blink.  Anybody ever have that happen. 

How are you doing Dianne? are you getting lots of snow this winter 

I dont know that song Linda but I like the words.  

Sleepy again,  Take care everybody.

jb 

Hi, jb. I'm content with my life today. That's good enough for me. The only snow we had in Seattle this winter was on Christmas Eve. The Cascade mountains are only an hour away for those who want to ski and frolic in the snow. Not my cup of tea.

Dry eyes are a common problem with PD. I use lots of eye drops during the day and an eye gel at night. Your eyes were overtired and the muscles around them froze, I think. Be kind to them, they are the only ones you have.

It's my bedtime for, too. Rest well.

Dianne 

Hi all,

I often read this thread but haven't posted here.  Anyway, I was interested in the dry eye issue as I have been struggling with this for at least two years.  Do you know if it is a side effect of the medication or caused by PD?  I also use the wetting drops all day but they really don't help much.  My eye doctor wants to prescribe medication for this but the options are expensive and I really don't want to add any more pills to my system.  It's one of the most difficult symptoms to deal with. 

Take care, Gardener

3 hours ago, Gardener said:

Hi all,

I often read this thread but haven't posted here.  Anyway, I was interested in the dry eye issue as I have been struggling with this for at least two years.  Do you know if it is a side effect of the medication or caused by PD?  I also use the wetting drops all day but they really don't help much.  My eye doctor wants to prescribe medication for this but the options are expensive and I really don't want to add any more pills to my system.  It's one of the most difficult symptoms to deal with. 

Take care, Gardener

I just have to use Systane gel drops and rewetting drops. I have the same issue--the meds can do it, mine comes more from just not blinking as much. Especially since I wear contacts.

Thank you "N" for the response.  I'll try the gel drops along with the wetting drops - I have worn contacts for almost 50 years but haven't been able to wear them because of this issue.  Would love to use them again as my correction is very high. 

Good morning Everyone,

For the first time in months, when I woke up, the outdoor temperature was above freezing at about 3 C degrees.  I don't really like wet and drippy but I will take it for a change.  Gardner, are you looking forward to getting into your gardens in a few more months? 

NSFY, aH  i LOVED THE sEINFELD SERIES. The soup one was a classic, that has been applied to every kind of food in my house. When the cake is all gone, its "no cake for you", 

Hello Dianne, I should have known that you werent getting snow in Seattle. You are like Canada`s Vancouver.  In flatland Ontario, we get the same weather and precipitation over wider areas.  When I hear of lots of snow in the mountains, I can't assume it is snow on the coastline.  Take care Dianne.

Hello to Marcia, Emma, Linda and everyone else. I hope you are all healthy and happy. Or at least as well as you can be.

Thanks for the input about eyes. You are right Dianne, one must take care of them.

They are back to normal, well as soon as I stopped driving they were better. I think that they were dried out from as N said, not as much blinking. And the problem got  compounded because I had the windshield defrost on high to keep the snow from freezing on the windshield.  So then I had hot dry air blowing on my unblinking eyeballs.  Gardiner, you said that it is one of your worst symptoms of PD? Dry eyes? I never put that together before , Makes sense now.

Thanks everybody for your comments.,

N, Gardiner. nice to type with you. The welcome mat is always out.

Okay everyone, be safe, be strong and don't forget to sing in the shower.

jb.

Edited by jb49
i had left a big gap in the page 's lines.

Last nite at 12 30 I got into my bed. I squirmed around a bit to get comfy, turned off my bedside light and fell asleep easily annd I stayed like that until 6 am. Went to the bathroom, came back to bed and slept till about 8. |That was the best sleep I have had in a longgg time.  

Last evening I rode with my sister and bro in law that live just up the road from me.  We went to my sisters house in Kingston because it was her birthday. Her daughters were throwing the party and had other friends of her mom there.  My sister and her husband from Kingston are really good at staying in touch with friends from University and old neighbours. Eventually over the years, birthdays, weddings and new babies, they sorta become everyones friends.  I am lucky to be in  a strong family structure.

And today I will hang some sap buckets.

Gotta run,

jb

JB...you are right about having a strong family structure...

"Family is not an important thing. It's everything."

Michael J. Fox

LAD

On 2/18/2018 at 2:42 PM, Beau's Mom said:

Is it already time to hang the sap buckets? Spring can't be far away!

Dianne  

I'll take spring !!

. Good evening everyone

Good call Dianne , spring approaches.  Cheered on by LADy.  

The buckets were hung on the trees with care, with hope that the springtime soon would be there.  oops, wrong poem,,

I think its a little early yet but everyone else was jumping to it.  I put out 30 as a token start.  Another 70 to go. 

and totally unrelated to anything:

Well, that is it for the great outdoors for another day.  It is now dark out.  

The animals change shifts.  The doves go to roost, replaced by the hoot owl and the rabbits shudder. Puppies get called in for supper and a place by the warm hearth, the void in the outside darkness fills with sneaky and bold racoons who check the wire and wonder if the chickens are all safe. The pesky black squirrels cuddle up in hollow tree trunks, exchanging stories about bird feeders and sunflower seeds as they fall asleep.  With one ear open to the possibility of big toothed pine martins coming on for the night shift and looking for sleepy squirrels.  

The daytime squeaks were likely just cute song birds tweeting news around the trees.  But when the  sun is down the same squeaky sound plays to the minds' ears like the sound of a weasel finding a nest of mice.  And was that yowling sound at the back door one of my old toothless Tomcats telling the night sky about his younger days when he ruled the barn  or was it a wild Cat! Yes with a capital C, and nobody can even say what a wild Cat is really.

Cripes what just made my WALMART automatic motion sensor light come on outside. I was going to go get my gloves that I forgot in the car so that they will be warm to wear in the morning. But neighbour Roy said the guys at the feed mill told him that Peter saw a big cougar, and of course: "yes it was a big one" he had repeated.  Did he say it had red eyes, and a sore tooth, I got other gloves to wear anyways and I am too damn tired, yes too tired to go out into the dark right now.  That is why I have more than one pair of gloves he reassured himself and sat by the dog at the fire.  

He settled in for a little nap and fell into a deep sleep, waking up to the sound of howling coyotes across the field and the weight of the young dog jumping into his
lap.  It was scared a and quivering at the sound of his distant relatives that never got near a hearth; the pack were just making small talk with upward pointed noises to the man in the moon asking him how they should divide up this bag of fish guts they found by the fishing shacks at the river,.  

Meanwhile in the house by the fire on the lazy old boy recliner, the dog quvered in sync with the man's  Parkinsons tremors and he finally had to laugh at himself and the pot licking dog.In the morning I will have to tell Peter about these coyotes across the field, and that field isnt very wide he now reasoned.  Did I say coyotes, cause I am sure now that they are Siberian Wolves, Big and hungry and fearless they are!   In the dark that is.

That is pure fiction everyone, I am not afraid of the dark if anyone thinks that was about me.

Sleep well you all.

jb 

• Like 4

Hi friends..Just a short poem out of my head

Pd can be annoying I'm sure you all agree

diagnosed at 40 now 53

When the tremors start I find them hard to stop

but if I want to shake just can't .. so what???

bit silly but true, 

Take care folks...Em