helplinedonate
  • Announcements

• ForumAdmin

Frequently Asked Questions - Step by step guides

Do you need assistance registering, logging in, posting, etc? Please visit the all new Frequently Asked Question Forum for step-by-step guides. Click the link below to access these helpful guides. Frequently Asked Questions
    • ForumAdmin

Recursos Nuevos en Español

http://www.parkinson.org/ayuda   http://www.parkinson.org/espanol    
    • ForumAdmin

Línea de Ayuda 1-800-473-4636

Línea de Ayuda 1-800-473-4636   ¿Qué es la línea de ayuda 1-800-4PD-INFO (473-4636) de la Fundación Nacional de Parkinson? Es un número de teléfono gratuito que ayuda a las personas con la enfermedad de Parkinson, sus familiares, amigos y profesionales de salud, a solucionar diferentes inquietudes.   La línea de ayuda ofrece: Información actualizada Apoyo emocional Referidos a profesionales de salud Recursos comunitarios Amplia variedad de publicaciones gratis    
jb49

Good morning!!

https://ladpdjourney2.wordpress.com/

some if you read my original blog post of my initial diagnosis...I decided to blog for PD awareness month using some of my posts from the forum... read if you like...

sorry I posted this twice... I know that annoys some people 😊

New post today 4/2/18

LAD

Edited by LAD
  • Like 1

I was awake, I was shuffling round the house when the morning laser rays of the sun started to nibble at the lid of a big old coffee can which had contained us throughout the night.  It took some work for the sun to pry up the eastern edge and the sky began to take shape. I guess the sun had done this before and he knew how to gho about it.

Happy Easter everyone.

jb

• Like 3

Your imagination never ceases to amaze me, jb. :-)  You are able to bring us into the scene so well that it really feels like we are right there, experiencing it along with you.

May you have a blessed Easter Day.

Wishing all who celebrate a Blessed Easter. I had a vivid dream last night that I was planning a huge summer garden to feed a community. I was full of energy. My mind was actively engaged. I felt resurrected! :D

A woman can dream, right?

Dianne 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Linda Garren said:

LAD/Mufftt/Ginger, that was a wonderful read.  You are an excellent writer!

Thank you! I plan to post once a week for PD awareness month! 

LAD/M/G

Happy Easter to all! We had an empty nest so we took a road trip. Went to mass outside at OUR LADY OF LOURDES GROTTO in Emmitsburg MD. Quite lovely. 

I could not be home on Easter morning without any of my boys😩

LAD

Well, I missed my DH's birthday. I've never missed any birthday before. I always make sure there is a cake too. Maybe it is the drudge winter winding down. 

All the grand-kids are walking now. One really likes Sesame Street.He's standing there and has one hand on a chair and the Sesame Street song comes on. He Breaks into a dance! He's only one. This was before he could walk! He danced before he could walk! Oh my!

Maybe I should stop peeping through the keyhole and open the door. 

PS- LAD, We didn't have our kids home either. Or grand-kids. I guess we are in the same boat. Hug!!!!!

Edited by MarciaJ
  • Thanks 1

Since you all enjoy my son on  stage...

27507825508_29fcafd041_b.jpg

yes ... the one in the front with the beard...this would be Bitsy Bontana & the Garden Guild

LAD

Edited by LAD

1 hour ago, jb49 said:

Good morning World,

I hope that everyone is doing well.  Spring is coming I think, although the nights here still dip into frost and the heat of the woodstove feels good.   

I had a very busy  Maple  Syrup season. I worked it pretty good and I fell asleep early every evening.  I hope to regain some energy soon.

Preparations for DBS continue, paperwork for that is flowingbetween me and Toronto.  Still 5 or 6 months away , I am looking forward to having that done. Maybe my typing skills will improve.  Right now they are attrocious and my twitchy hand deletes stuff as fast as frozen hand can poke the letters.

Lad, your son is a good entertainer.

Em., Dianne, Peace, How are youu doing.

Linda, I hope you are feeling well.

Best wishes to everyone!

jb

jb, you are always in my thoughts and prayers. I feel anxious a good deal of the time lately. I don't know the cause yet. Maybe it's PD related or maybe I'm scaring myself with future fears. It's very tiring so I have cut back on posting and pretty much everything else.

Love to all,

Dianne  

Dear jb49:  Your post got me thinking---I have started to use Dragon software and now dictate many of my emails and letters, which makes it a lot less frustrating.  You might try it!  I am not terribly computer literate, but found it pretty easy to use.  It learned my speech patterns quite rapidly.  A thought for you---maybe it would make life a little easier, and also would allow us to read more of your musings! 

Dear Dianne..you are not on your own as I too am feeling anxious and so low for a while ..i am thinking of you take care'

Thanks again jb...as you too are in my thoughts.

Em

• Like 1

Jb-I use the microphone on my phone when my fingers don't cooperate. 

Lots of us have been "off" in our class. I think it's the weather! 

🙏🙏 to all 

posting to my blog tonight if anyone wants to check it out

LAD

20 hours ago, jb49 said:

Hi JB,

I am following you on your path to DBS STN.  I know these last few months will seem like years, as you are so anxious to have it over with.  I would recommend you start a diet as most people put on weight after DBS surgery. I did not heed my doctor's recommendation as I had never had any weight problem ever in my life and did not feel this caution was directed to me.  That was a mistake.  Weight control is a constant battle ever since surgery.  It is important you take this into consideration.  Let us know when will D day be so we can send good vibrations in due time and in the right direction !

Take good care,

Mireille

Edited by MIMILASTER

Good morning,

Last night when I let the dog out for a goodnite whiz, I heard a sound that I have been waiting to hear.  The springtime peepers.   Little frogs calling out to each other, restablishing relationships interrupted by 4 or five months of Canadian Winter.  When springtime is close to arriving the Red Winged Blackbirds arrive and sing rap music, individuals with a song to sing about how happy they are to back to the bullrushes and ponds of the open countryside.  The Peepers on the other hand sing in a huge choir in 3 part harmony directed by some Froggy dressed in a tuxedo waving a baton. This year the RW BBs  came back during a warm spell on the ill fated advice of some sleepy eyed grounhogs who likely were stunned by the tv cameras and carrot sticks on Feb 2.and have3 froze thier asses  off.   But the spring peepers have a weather Guru,  or some insider information of some sort because  they know when true Springtime is about to spring. And there was no frost last night, finally. And this morning the sun was greeted by an air temperature of about +4 cel,  Now, don't go planting the garden yet.  The peepers will have  a short run of warm evenings, and then freeze up again, 3 times in fact.  The next thaw will last longer, then a shorter freezeup and then a third frost period maybe covering only a few nights during the full moon in May.  Then they begin again with the evening music. Then it will be well into the month of May, and you can put bean seeds into the soil  and cutup potatoes into long straight rows.

Okay Catchup time:

-I was at a funeral last week where the minister read aloud the Munsch book :Love you Forever.

-So Cal and Lad, thanks for the different ideas on signature completions.

-Linda, hope you are well, thanks for encouragement you give me when I get around to posting.

-yes Beaus Mom Dianne,  You can dream, please do Girl!   What a beautiful generous heart you have. Many people would dream about a garden that produces lots of stuff to store for later use, but you Dianne can't wait to share the product of your garden with everyone else. big hug to you.

-LAD I read your blog.  You have a very positive outlook.

-Dianne. you say that you have anxious moments.  I have some some as well.  I know that you do too Em, and I am feeling more stress than I want to.  Maybe there should be a joke of the day published by Marcia, so that we start the day with a chuckle.  I vote Marcia.

-My Mom is in a nursing home and she is beginning to have some confused moments where ....actually she isn't confused.  It is all very plain to her. At age 89 she slips back to the 1940s and she is a young Lady, boarding in town through the week at a boarding house house with her school mates to attend High School. But why isn't she going back to the farm on the weekends like she always did. And why do people around her go home on weekends but they aren't back on Monday.  And then she will come back to year 2018, and everything is back to normal, and she isnt so happy being there but understands that this is where she can be best looked after. My sisters Sue and Jane visit her often and us 4 boys do as well,  and the place is starting to bother me somewhat because sometimes I see me being helped into the car to go to Easter Dinner, for a drive, dr appointments but I don't want to live at the Manor and I am not planning to:  Yet it is "the best spot for you Mom" and she receives wonderful care and sees lots of people.  When asked though who was in today Mom often has forgotten aslready. I am not dwelling on my future, but I wish Mom was a bit happier with her situation, but I understand her thinking. 

-Swamper, The dragon is a good ideal.  I should investigate.  I could then swamp the Swamper in the swamp with reams of paper articulating my life and thoughts there of until you recall the dragon lest you get buried in my dictations. uum, stilla good idea???

-Shera , I still will send you snow if you want it.  Your love for your cabin is apparent as your love for where it is situated.  I have a close cousin who just yesterday told me he really enjoys travelling to Carolina.  Do you like that " Carolina in my mind'  song by Neil Young.(I think it is) 

And finally, the big thing coming up for me is DBS.  The date jiggles around like Jello on a spoon.  But it will happen soon, Can I sing this to a tune? With the peeping tree frogs to  the Moon? With chords played by the dog on an electric Bassoon?  I best end this before it gets all Cat in the Hatish. Nope, it is escapism, I think.  I'm a little bit worried by the upcoming dbs surgery so I divert my writing every which way.  I am ok now.

-Mimmilaster:  I need to thnk you. You have posted a couple times giving me encouragement and confidence in the team that works at the hospital in Toronto.   I have been there and met the doctors, most recently the surgeon, and I am confident in the abilities that they have developed.  Wow, such clever and talented and confident young men and women.  I have heard that dbs patients do have weight gains following the surgery.  I don't have a date yet.  We thought it was going to be awhile yet but recent exchanges indicate it may be sooner.  We will see.  Meanwhile I am glad to hear your praise for that hospital and the team of professionals and any other advice you wish to offer.

Okay, have a great day Mirreille, and Everyone else.

Be safe and take good care of yourselves.

jb

Edited by jb49
  • Like 3

Thanks again jb for lifting my spirits..am I right in saying 'Sweet Caroline' ?

Take Care Friends..

Em

sorry I was thinking of .Neil Diamond .

Edited by em45

I knew you would catch that one Em,

Freezing rain and sleet here today.

Housebound I am, not that there is any shortage of stuff to do in here.  uuugh!

jb

• Like 1

Hello Everyone!  We had 2 nice weather days this week but today is cloudy, cold and rainy.   Even the geese are confused.  One day they're flying west, the next day east.  Yes, you read that right,  they aren't even flying the north/south migration path.  I asked about this and some one had the suggestion that maybe they were looking for bodies of water.  That makes since I guess. 

Nice blog LAD.  I look forward to watching your son's performance.  My DH worked last night so he is asleep and I have to be like Elmer Fudd and be "very very quiet" right now.

I like knowing I can jump on this forum and catch up with what you are all doing.  I don't always contribute but I think of you all often and be assured that if you have asked for prayers for yourself or others I'm on it!

I'm going to go attempt to fold a load of sheets.  No matter how neat I try to be those deep pocket fitted sheets always look like I just rolled them into a ball after I fold them.

• Like 1

Hi Peace, 

I look forward to reading your posts. 

I think Elmer Fudd is a little more like "vewy, vewy, quiet".

I think that the geese have forward scouts that realize the northern lakes and artic regions ofCanada, where they breed and live for the summer, are still froze up.  The forward geese then try to stop other flocks from continuing north and things just backup and get crazy.  Like if Chicago's airport closes up in a snow storm. 

Speaking of which, Southern Ontario has been tied up in a springtime ice storm.  My ground is covered with a few inches of ice pellets. Or sleet. The roads are awful and in the Toronto area 500 car accidents were reported to the police yesterday. The weather is as bad today and most flights in and out of Toronto this weekend were cancelled. Uuuugh, ..

It is time for me to pull my hat down over my ears, put on parka and boots and do the Parky Shuffle to the barn.  The horse is watching the Ktchen windows, knows I am up and Max wants his breakfast. 

Have a good day everyone.

jb

• Like 2

jb-that is fascinating about the geese having "scouts" but I'm smiling wondering if you're just pulling my leg.:)  Are you serious?  Animals are amazing in the ways they communicate with one another so I'm leaning towards thinking you're serious.  You're right Mr Fudd would definitely say "vewy vewy".

Today we have bright sun and sleet.  How wonderfully opposing those two conditions are. 

Last month a hawk got one of my hens.  I was real confused when I didn't see any tracks around the body so I became suspicious of a winged culprit.  I put out the trail camera and sure enough the next day he came back to finish his meal.  I use to scan the fields for wildlife but now I go to the windows and look to the skies for raptors with ill intent.  What I'll do if I see one swooping down is unknown but I'm thinking a few high velocity paint balls may change his hunting habits without doing him any real harm.

Give Max a carrot for me. 

em, mireille, lad, Marcia, swamper, linda , Dianne and all others aboard this Good Morning train, Hello and keep up the good fight.