helplinedonate
  • Announcements

• ForumAdmin

Frequently Asked Questions - Step by step guides

Do you need assistance registering, logging in, posting, etc? Please visit the all new Frequently Asked Question Forum for step-by-step guides. Click the link below to access these helpful guides. Frequently Asked Questions
    • ForumAdmin

Recursos Nuevos en Español

http://www.parkinson.org/ayuda   http://www.parkinson.org/espanol    
    • ForumAdmin

Línea de Ayuda 1-800-473-4636

Línea de Ayuda 1-800-473-4636   ¿Qué es la línea de ayuda 1-800-4PD-INFO (473-4636) de la Fundación Nacional de Parkinson? Es un número de teléfono gratuito que ayuda a las personas con la enfermedad de Parkinson, sus familiares, amigos y profesionales de salud, a solucionar diferentes inquietudes.   La línea de ayuda ofrece: Información actualizada Apoyo emocional Referidos a profesionales de salud Recursos comunitarios Amplia variedad de publicaciones gratis    
jb49

Good morning!!

On 4/16/2018 at 5:21 PM, Peace said:

The Bitsy Bontana .  I thought it was a video but maybe it's just a picture???  At home I use internet explorer and it said my browser wasn't supported.  I just tried it here at work with firefox it opened as a picture but no video. 

Yes it was a picture.  He just did a video submission so once that is over I'll post it. 

LAD

Hi everyone.

We know that you are close Pathfinder. Thanks SoCalGal.

After a flurry of phonecalls, head scratching and "waiting to hear", two metal hip replacements that I had done 10 years ago have been deemed safe for the MRI image that I am booked for this weekend. Yesterday I arranged transport, lodging and farmsitting and tomorrow I do a pre op meeting and blood testing and signing on the line for surgery in a couple weeks.  Saturday night they put me in the capsule and MRI my head.  Concerns were raised over my hips and whether they would perhaps get too warm with a 3T (MRI machines are mostly 1.5 but the new generation of them are upgraded to 3.  as I understand them)  The technical people reviewing the composition of my inserts have decided that my hips will be far away  from my head and therefore safe from overheating.  I trust them.  I hope that they don't assume I am 6'6 tall or something. I'm a shorty at 5'7  and that shortens the distance. MRIs are strange.  I would not be surprised if when the thing stops, and I emerge, I will be stepping onto the surface of the moon.

Gotta run, calls to make things to do.

later, take care,

jb

• Like 1

Wow, jb!!!  This is really close now!  We are praying for you that everything continues to flow so well both in the preparation and the surgery itself, as well as the recovery.

Before you know it, you'll be back to your farm home, with the horses looking in and asking where you have been, and the little house dog dancing in anticipation of lying in your lap as you enjoy sitting in front of your wood stove!  :-)

3 hours ago, jb49 said:

Hi everyone.

We know that you are close Pathfinder. Thanks SoCalGal.

After a flurry of phonecalls, head scratching and "waiting to hear", two metal hip replacements that I had done 10 years ago have been deemed safe for the MRI image that I am booked for this weekend. Yesterday I arranged transport, lodging and farmsitting and tomorrow I do a pre op meeting and blood testing and signing on the line for surgery in a couple weeks.  Saturday night they put me in the capsule and MRI my head.  Concerns were raised over my hips and whether they would perhaps get too warm with a 3T (MRI machines are mostly 1.5 but the new generation of them are upgraded to 3.  as I understand them)  The technical people reviewing the composition of my inserts have decided that my hips will be far away  from my head and therefore safe from overheating.  I trust them.  I hope that they don't assume I am 6'6 tall or something. I'm a shorty at 5'7  and that shortens the distance. MRIs are strange.  I would not be surprised if when the thing stops, and I emerge, I will be stepping onto the surface of the moon.

Gotta run, calls to make things to do.

later, take care,

jb

Take care jb..you are in our thoughts, Best wishes,

Em and Seán