helplinedonate
jb49

Good morning!!

Hi Ya All!

Back AGAIN for awhile I hope.

I came home from Toronto feeling pretty good, too good maybe..  I never slept very well getting ready to go to Toronto for the dbs operation. I have my own little quirks when it comes to sleeping.  I stacked one bad nite after another.  I was quite amazed how little sleep I was actually getting. But in the morning. with stuff to do, I was getting up and starting my day. This morning at 5 a.m., having decided that I was not able to sleep anymore, I got up and started to get some coffee and cereal together for breakfast.  I found that my shoulders were bothering me so badly that I couldn't  ignore them anymore. I googled them with the question, "why do my shoulders hurt so badly in the morning.". I took a look at those first things and I worked at it today.  I went back to bed and slept the rest of the morning and into the afternoon..  I definitely was having trouble with my shoulders and today I started working the tightness out of them.     Now I am going to bed, but  tomorrow, I should be able to wake up and actually do something.

Good nite,  jb

---

• Like 1

Hi jb..It's good your  home and DBS went well.  However I will say look after your shoulders as it is almost 4 yrs since my DBS my shoulders get very weak ..I have to stop carrying bags over my shoulder ...Take care jb nice to hear from you. (take it easy)

Em

Ok so I said I would share my son’s video when the competition was over so here is one of his traditions songs.... 

LAD

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, jb49 said:

Hi Ya All!

Back AGAIN for awhile I hope.

I came home from Toronto feeling pretty good, too good maybe..  I never slept very well getting ready to go to Toronto for the dbs operation. I have my own little quirks when it comes to sleeping.  I stacked one bad nite after another.  I was quite amazed how little sleep I was actually getting. But in the morning. with stuff to do, I was getting up and starting my day. This morning at 5 a.m., having decided that I was not able to sleep anymore, I got up and started to get some coffee and cereal together for breakfast.  I found that my shoulders were bothering me so badly that I couldn't  ignore them anymore. I googled them with the question, "why do my shoulders hurt so badly in the morning.". I took a look at those first things and I worked at it today.  I went back to bed and slept the rest of the morning and into the afternoon..  I definitely was having trouble with my shoulders and today I started working the tightness out of them.     Now I am going to bed, but  tomorrow, I should be able to wake up and actually do something.

Good nite,  jb

---

hello Jb 

CONGRATULATIONS ! 

You have now joined the "International DBS Club".  I am delighted to hear that you are doing well.  I remember how strange it is to feel good at last and not be able to rejoice totally for fear it is only temporary and due to lesion effect.  Good for you if you can sleep even if it is during the day.  Could your shoulder problem be a consequence of feeling tense during surgery.  It would make sense  that keeping the same position for so many hours (my first DBS was 13 hours !) would create tensions in your body, in your case the shoulders. Sleep as much as you can and keep us posted.  I am so happy for you.

Regards,

Mireille

Good morning and thanx for the encouragement Mireille.  And from you too Emma.  The bit of time in the hospital in  which I did feel free of parkinsons despite feeling trussed up like a chicken was worth the effort.  My wife could see the relief in my face and posture the next day.  But it didn't last as long as one would hope.  :I hope that i get back on that cloud when the dbs gets turned on in July.  For now, the pill container and this nagging shoulder thing.  I have been here before always having worked building trades and installing drywall overhead and repetative strain,   and other things.  You had this too I see Emma, thats too bad.   At the hospital, hitching myself on stiff arms from bed to bed to O.R. tables, to MRI stretchers and back  to recovery stretchers trying to find that comfortable position in bed all took its toll.   Anyways, I will get over this shoulder thing; and be ok.  Awkward to type is all.  I have had it before M, I don't think it was the operation although, I agree with you:  there was a share of tension on the table.  My surgery was done in two parts.  The first was awake and alert with no levodopa,and local freezing  for about 4 hrs to place the tubes. The second day was a full sedation and the battery pack was put in place.  It was quickly done in about an hour.  

#1 thing.  I felt good coming home from the hospital, ready to get going.  #2, I was as weak as a kitten.   give yourself some time.!

Take care you all.

ps. i never thought it was She Ra.  Mereille, "first DBS?" .  you have had two?

Glad that you are back JB and doing well. Hopefully the shoulders will come along fairly quick

Bard

18 hours ago, hiker said:

Love it! Is that from Oklahoma?

Yes!!

To jb and all who have undergone DBS, I applaud your strength and courage! It sounds like a good time to practice the principle of One Day (or one moment) at a Time. I wish you all the best life has to offer.   

Dianne

Good Morning Everyone.

I was off for a few weeks of road trip/camping

Goals for 2018/19. 

Buy Van

Grab a kiddo for a week and do a road trip.

So one kiddo down; three more to go

Dinner over a stove, with my faithful friend watching.

EKA5r3q.jpg

A van big enough to not only sleep in, but do some morning stretches

Ftl1x1a.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 18 mai 2018 at 11:27 AM, jb49 said:

ps. i never thought it was She Ra.  Mereille, "first DBS?" .  you have had two?

I had a first DBS in March 2000, but one electrode was suboptimal. So I had resurgery on that side in 2002, which  improved the result quite dramatically. Resurgery was done in Grenoble by the Benabid team.

On 5/15/2018 at 11:31 AM, MarciaJ said:

Linda,

If you can’t see something small make it bigger. This works for me.

Thanks, Marcia.   I should have thought of that.  :-)

20 hours ago, TexasTom said:

Good Morning Everyone.

I was off for a few weeks of road trip/camping

Goals for 2018/19. 

Buy Van

Grab a kiddo for a week and do a road trip.

So one kiddo down; three more to go

Dinner over a stove, with my faithful friend watching.

EKA5r3q.jpg

A van big enough to not only sleep in, but do some morning stretches, 

Tom, that looks like an excellent camping unit.  What are you parked on, is it sand?It looks very gray. And hard[packed,

I am having some trouble gettiing my thinking and work skills back together.   

• Sad 1

Maybe you are going top fast.  You should rest, rest, rest  . Hang in there !   You ´ll make it 

big hugs 

Mireillle 

Funny, EM,  I am currently visiting your country !  I  am in Cork.  Love Ireland, such friendly people.

mimi

2 hours ago, MIMILASTER said:

Funny, EM,  I am currently visiting your country !  I  am in Cork.  Love Ireland, such friendly people.

mimi

I don't believe it mimi, let me know if your heading for County Kilkenny...enjoy

Hi, jb.  So sorry you are having trouble cognitively, but I think it is very early in the game to worry too much.  You've had invasive brain surgery, and your body is adjusting to the trauma.  Rest, rest, rest.  Sleep, sleep, sleep.  Be careful not to push yourself to get things done that need to be done.  It will only prolong your recovery and set you back.  Is your wife there to watch over you and encourage you to do that?  Is your house doggie snuggling up to comfort you?  :-)   Are the horses checking in on you outside your windows?  Have you been in touch with someone else on the site who has been through DBS with whom you can discuss your symptoms? 

Others who have had the surgery said that sometimes adjustments need to be made afterwards.  Have you had a chance to contact your surgeon to ask about the issues you are having?

Thinking of you and praying for your recovery, jb, as so many others here are, too.

VioLinda

Tom, what a delight to have you drop by!  It's been a long time.  You look great!  How are you feeling/doing?

How nice that you are taking your kids with you one at a time and enjoying being together.  I bet they are loving it.