helplinedonate
jb49

Good morning!!

8 hours ago, jb49 said:

Dianne and Violla and  Cereus , thank you for your kind words of encouragement.  I do appreciate them.  I am at the funny spot where my body has caught up to where  technology is.  I got to make this work cause there is no more goodies and breakthroughs waiting on the shelf.   I do feel pretty good.  Outwardly, I think I look more back to normal. 

I went over to a neighbours house on Friday.  They had a friend (an  8yr Parky) coming over that was interested in the dbs surgery.  They wanted her to meet me and have me explain the operation to her and they kept saying "Ohh  my , he is so much better than he was earlier this year".  Which I am I think, but listening to my neighbours over lunch, I must of been pretty rough looking and worn out before the surgery.

I still don't sleep well.  My arms are achy at nightime.  But I don't baby them through the day.  They are getting better, and I will get more used to it as well.  And one night I will sleep 8 hrs at one stretch.

Thanx again . Talk later.

jb  

Though & prayers are with you in this bumpy road of the journey!

LAD

Thanks Lad for your steadying words. 

One problem that I think that I have is this.  You know how some people can have their blood pressure go high at the sight of a doctor.   I sometimes think that I  When I am in the clinic with a doctor, I am the opposite of that.  I want to be well, feel well and get out of there. Anyways,  I try to honest with myself  and doctors, but sometimes it is hard to describe exactly how you feel.  Happy to report that I am chugging ahead, and feeling pretty good  today. Thanks LADy. 

jb

Edited by jb49

On 7/29/2018 at 10:43 AM, jb49 said:

And one night I will sleep 8 hrs at one stretch.

Here's hoping that night comes soon and that you have sweet dreams :-)

3 hours ago, jb49 said:

Thanks Lad for your steadying words. 

One problem that I think that I have is this.  You know how some people can have their blood pressure go high at the sight of a doctor.   I sometimes think that I  When I am in the clinic with a doctor, I am the opposite of that.  I want to be well, feel well and get out of there. Anyways,  I try to honest with myself  and doctors, but sometimes it is hard to describe exactly how you feel.  Happy to report that I am chugging ahead, and feeling pretty good  today. Thanks LADy. 

jb

My blood pressure tanks with my white coat syndrome 😊

LAD

Oh yes LADy, I recall that now.  You have issue with the white coats and blood pressure don't you.

Patience still is mine.  I thought I was done for initial program with my new dbs, last I was at the clinic, I left feeling pretty right on., but this week I have struggled again with the little energizer.  I am learning things though.   I need the range that  I  can lower the settings at night when my dopamine stock pile increases and i need to stop, sit down, wind down and fall asleep;. like a fat baby boy with a warm bottle of milk.   

Using the dbs is a new thing. I have had the moments of frustration.  But I can also sense that when the stimulation runs in sync with the medicine , I can feel better than I was after 10 years of pills.

And so I carry on,

john b

This is a long weekend here in Canada. Civic Holiday. Always is the first weekend of August.  A lot of my family go to the family cottage for the weekend.  My daughters family will be there.  I begged off this year. Not sure why, but there is the crowd thing that I avoid.  As I get older, I like my things as they are, my routines, my space, my food.  Basically I think that I am becoming an old fart.  Be that as It may be, my cousin friend is picking me up in an hour to go to a country estate auction sale.  Good entertainment for the morning.  There is a portable lumber sawmill that he is interested in buying.  And I have a pailful of cucumbers that should get converted to dill pickles, or sweet pickles, and I have a bunch of green beans to put into the freezer or pack thim into mason jars with dill,  Green crispy,dill green beans on a cold day next February with a grill cheese sandwich is good eating.  Now, the morning news is showing one of our exports, Drake.  His last dance video shows him stepping out of a moving car and performing his dance moves in traffic.  They interview a  pretty young girl who scraped her face and fractured her skull busting dance moves, stepping out of a moving vehicle into traffic. And another young boy who gets hit by a car when he didn't jump soon enough or high enough to get up on the hood of a car.  When asked if he was sorry for attempting such a dangerous move he replied no, just sorry that he didn't do it right but he would get it next time.  I may have parkinsons disease but I am not stupid about such things as copying what one sees on the tv,.

Hope everyone has a great day. MAYBE, WE could all get together at Echo Beach for a dance party tonite.  Out of the traffic.  Big bonfire, marshmallows, I will bring my stereo and everyone bring their favourite 8 track cassettes.  We hAVENT BEEN TO ECHO BEACH for a long time.  I bet that Emma has an Echo Beach in mind right there in Killkenny.

later dudes,

jb,

Hey jb , Echo Beach sounds good let us know when. Been busy here with tidy towns as our village is in Enterale Florale competition.

take care jb and friends

Em

Great, we used to go to Echo Beach quite often,  What is it. ? A pop song that was enjoyed in |Ireland and North America.  It was a song by Martha and the Muffins, a Canadian pop band,  Martha would eventually have Parkinsons Disease.  The song was a getaway  in our minds.  An office clerk, she couldn't wait until quitting time to get to Echo Beach to see the sun go down.  Echo Beach is in everyones mind  and imagination. The link that I hooked onto for Echo Beach  this time seems to be part of a long play list.  Stop it when you want. 

Echo beach,

you going to sharpen some marshmallow sticks Emma.

Edited by jb49

Sounds lovely! We go to the beach next week!! Summer flew by too fast!

LAD

LADy, it was a great time.  There were 497 people attended, representing residents from around the world.  Emma founda cute little beach on an island off the south coast of Ireland.  The roasted marshmallows were great, and of course lots of other food was available with vast amounts of Authentic Shepherds pie (irish styled with lots of onions) that Emma had  whipped up in the afternoon.  There was lots of driftwood to build fires with.  Many drinks were spilt like a normal Parky Party, but no problem as they soaked away into the sand. As the sun came up, we all said goodbye to each other and disappeared back to Ohio, Ontario, France and California. Etc.  Tiny pinpoints on a map. But when all the pins are in, the map is shaded way too much with them.

Peace to All,

jb

• Like 1

It was the best party ever, jb. It's going to take me a week to recover. It was worth it, every ounce of energy I spent, just to be around people who understand and care. Let's do it again soon!

Dianne     

• Like 1

You don't have to put it on a list LADy, I  saw you there..  Your show business son was at the 4th campfire along the beach, you were there with him, and he was leading a singalong of show tunes.  See that is the greatness of the Echo Beach, no muss. no fuss, just let  your mind run away with it. By the way, your duet that you sung with your son, "you are the wind beneath my wings " was terrific. 

8 hours ago, jb49 said:

You don't have to put it on a list LADy, I  saw you there..  Your show business son was at the 4th campfire along the beach, you were there with him, and he was leading a singalong of show tunes.  See that is the greatness of the Echo Beach, no muss. no fuss, just let  your mind run away with it. By the way, your duet that you sung with your son, "you are the wind beneath my wings " was terrific. 

Wow! Never knew I could sing like that! Lol

On 8/6/2018 at 10:45 AM, Beau's Mom said:

It was the best party ever, jb. It's going to take me a week to recover. It was worth it, every ounce of energy I spent, just to be around people who understand and care. Let's do it again soon!

Dianne     

Hi Dianne,

Would you free up some space on your PM please?  I have to ask you something.  Thank you.

When I got home from the  beach the other day, I realized that I had  ended up with a green flip flop and a red one on my feet.  Even though they look stunning together,  I wonder if anyone else has a a pair of green and red ones.  I would send a red one or green one to anyone who does and want the proper one.  Or perhaps someone has a green one and a black one, and someone else has the other black one and a red one and had worn a pair of blue ones to the beach.  Oh my, this could be a problem.  Aw, I can wear a red one and green one, might start a fashion craze.   

I'm keeping them jb, because your right, they do look stunning together.   Plus they make me think of Christmas every time I'm out in the garden and look down at my feet.

Good morning Everyone, 

Peace, I thought that I did see you wearing the other half of the ones I wore home.  They did look great. Merry Christmas!!