helplinedonate
jb49

Good morning!!

LAD I'm always in awe of people who can sing.  Even at our beach get away I sat out of the singing and let you and your son entertain us.  Even my 23andme profile shows my genes reveal that I can't carry a tune.  Seriously it does!

I purchased 4 baby chicks this spring to double my little flock.  They were all suppose to be pullets but in the chick sexing business I've heard there is a 20% error rate.  In the ridiculously long amount of time I spent picking out just the right 4 little ones that I wanted I grabbed one out of that 20%.  I wrote a poem about her, uhm I mean him.  I don't make any claims of knowing anything about the making of a proper poem but I hope I can add a smile to someone's day.

A Rooster Named Rose

A pullet of the Americauna gene,

she was picked to be the farm's blue egg laying queen.

As the little pullet grew, she changed from white to brown,

And soon manifested a rose comb, that she wore as a crown.

With outlandish feet and a 10 inch tail,

the farmer thought she was growing just swell.

But Rose had a secret, but it was too soon to tell,

so she let the farmer believe that all was well.

She continued to grow larger than her flock mates,

only she knew that laying blue eggs was not her fate.

As time passed by, of her secret not a peep,

'till one morn, when she woke the farmer from sleep.

With a loud Cock-a-Doodle Doo!, Rose made the reveal

of the long held secret he could no longer conceal.

• Like 1

Peace, that was a beautiful poem,  My wife who reads a lot and has written lots of poetry enjoyed it too.  Most excellent!!  More please..

Thank you jb!   It's always scary to show others what you've created.   I don't know if I have any more poems in me or not but if one bubbles to the surface I'll post it.  I hope you're getting along well and all the kinks are getting worked out in you're programming.  I can understand how it could all get extremely frustrating. 

Have a wonderful day everyone.  It feels good to finally have time to talk with you all again. 

Good morning, yes it is.  Cause it feels like fall.  We have had nice rains lately.  A sweater feels good in the evening now.  It has been so hot.  I hope that everyone has had a great summer and weekend just passed.  Everyone should go back and reread the poem about laying hens by Peace.  Mr Descoop wrote of his encounter with a  bear.(different threads)  Lots of talent online here I think.   Lori, you said you were going tothe  beach.  Where is that where you are.  With your blessings.  Nice looking family.  Papa Jack, you were at the  last echo Beach.  I made sure that you got picked up in the shuttle cause you are from Wisconsin and I like cheese.  I knew that you would bringing cheese for the pot luck buffet.  And besides. you were the designated surfboarder instructor and did an excellent job of it.  And the cheese was excellent.  Mrs, Pathfinder, I hope you are well.  Any apple pie left in your freezer,  Soon be time for new ones to go in.   Linda, I hope you have a good day and everyone else too.  Like Dianne, and my longtime friends  Emma, and the mighty Marcia. 

Fist to the sky, we will win. jb

• Like 1

Good morning, jb and all who read this thread. I am better than good; I am at peace with every person and situation in my life so far today. Of course, that is not always true, I am fearful at times, and frustrated at other times. Thankfully, those times don't last.

I went to Rock Steady Boxing again yesterday. We had ordered T-shirts and were happy to find they had arrived. My current caregiver takes me 2-3 days a week. She keeps me from falling by holding me with a gait belt. My feet shake inside my shoes these days, and my MDS has told me in no uncertain terms that I am not to fall again. I find I am steadier and stride more boldly forward than was the case six weeks ago. I have generally less pain and more stamina. I have a video and a picture to share if anyone (perhaps LAD?) could tell me which program we can use to upload them. Over the years it has changed a couple of times.

I read some slides from the WPC 2016 online yesterday. The topic was non-motor symptoms. The presenter asked the question, "Does your MDS focus primarily on motor symptoms?"  I was neither surprised nor dismayed to note that my non-motor symptoms are progressing along with tremor, rigidity, and bradykinesia. For example, I experience more apathy and slowed cognition than in the past. I have much more difficulty with my autonomic function now. My body can't maintain the equilibrium of blood pressure and temperature any longer. When I see my MDS in September, I will make sure we talk about both motor and non-motor symptoms!

The technical term is dysautonomia if you care to research it. People without PD can experience it, too.

Wishing you all inner peace with touches of joy.

Dianne    

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Beau's Mom said:

Good morning, jb and all who read this thread. I am better than good; I am at peace with every person and situation in my life so far today. Of course, that is not always true, I am fearful at times, and frustrated at other times. Thankfully, those times don't last.

I went to Rock Steady Boxing again yesterday. We had ordered T-shirts and were happy to find they had arrived. My current caregiver takes me 2-3 days a week. She keeps me from falling by holding me with a gait belt. My feet shake inside my shoes these days, and my MDS has told me in no uncertain terms that I am not to fall again. I find I am steadier and stride more boldly forward than was the case six weeks ago. I have generally less pain and more stamina. I have a video and a picture to share if anyone (perhaps LAD?) could tell me which program we can use to upload them. Over the years it has changed a couple of times.

I read some slides from the WPC 2016 online yesterday. The topic was non-motor symptoms. The presenter asked the question, "Does your MDS focus primarily on motor symptoms?"  I was neither surprised nor dismayed to note that my non-motor symptoms are progressing along with tremor, rigidity, and bradykinesia. For example, I experience more apathy and slowed cognition than in the past. I have much more difficulty with my autonomic function now. My body can't maintain the equilibrium of blood pressure and temperature any longer. When I see my MDS in September, I will make sure we talk about both motor and non-motor symptoms!

The technical term is dysautonomia if you care to research it. People without PD can experience it, too.

Wishing you all inner peace with touches of joy.

Dianne    

I use Vimeo for video and Flkr for pictures. You upload them and then share them by copying the URL. Copy & paste the URL onto your post. Hope that’s understandable.

LAD

• Thanks 1

Hi guys..

Haven't posted in a little while been a bit down but in saying that jb  always cheers me up...thank you jb you have your uses ...

I love your photo LAD...take care friends, to be continued ...

Em

• Like 1

Hi all. I've been out of it awhile but here I finally am. When I try to post it disappears. So I have to save the post and if it disappears I can try again. It doesn't help that I keep thinking it is fall.Is it?

Well I don't feel that bad. We went on vacation for a couple weeks and my sister came over to take care of the cats once a day. They are needy cats. They attached as alpha my DH so they were upset with him more than I. We had really nice weather most of the time. Big thunder boomers part of the time. So here I am catching up with laundry. Mostly DH's cause I had the sense to bring enough to begin with. I don't know if I wrote that right. I guess I would be doing DHs laundry even if he had brought enough. Um. 

Anyway, hope everyone is safe from the wow'y weather. 

PS  It took two tries to get this posted. Than the cat did a kick drop out of the liter box. Sounded pretty big. 

Edited by MarciaJ

Good Morning Everyone.  Sorry to hear you've been feeling down em.  Great looking family LAD.  Hello jb and everyone else.

Diane-speaking of non motor symptoms, I've been having a problem.  Not real sure if it's PD related or not but I suspect it is.  I've been pretty emotional lately and when something doesnt go as planned I have trouble making a switch to a plan B.  Here's my latest episode:  After doing all my research, looking on line at the gift registry, I left work and headed to the store to pick up a present.  Just going to the store after work was something I had to talk myself into because I just want to go home when the work day is done.  Anyway, I told myself how great it would be to get the gift bought and have it taken care of before the baby shower.  I get to the store and the item is not in stock.  No matter how long I stood there it would not suddenly materialize on the shelf.  The thoughts of how I was ever going to get a present in time for the shower this weekend and how I'd have to drive to another town just flooded my mind.  Again,  I just wanted to be home.  In isle 10 the tears started.  I held them in check so I didn't make a scene.  Does anyone else have trouble like this?  I know it's stupid and I tell myself I'm being ridiculous but I just get overwhelmed sometimes with everyday life.  I'm starting to detest myself for how weak I feel at handling what should be a low level issue.  Anyone else?  And Diane, can you concentrate real hard and send some peace my way?  That'd be great. Thanks.

Peace, I had similar experiences when I was pushing myself to be as competent and productive as I was before PD. My body couldn't keep up with my desire to maintain the self-image I'd spent my life perfecting. I was exhausted and tears flowed easily. Seeing a Rehab Psychologist at the local Parkinson's Center of Excellence helped me through the lengthy period of learning to love and accept the revised me. I know the grief process is difficult; it's also unavoidable. 

Blessings on your journey, Peace.

Dianne   

• Thanks 1

Jb we were in ocean City Maryland ... my son works in Salisbury 40 minutes away so he was able to be there for part of the time. 

LAD

Thank you Dianne!    Just reading your response and feeling like someone understands makes me feel better.  I actually felt tension, that I didn't even know I had, leave my body when I read it.  If I can't get over this myself, I am going to ask my doctor if we have a Rehab Psychologist in this area.  Thanks again and a big hug to you.

Take care everyone.

• Like 1

Peace, I'm glad you found my comments helpful. I have felt that letting-go-of-tension you described. It's amazing how much stress we carry without even knowing it. Give yourself a big hug. It takes courage to feel feelings and accept changes.

Dianne   

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Peace said:

Thank you Dianne!    Just reading your response and feeling like someone understands makes me feel better.  I actually felt tension, that I didn't even know I had, leave my body when I read it.  If I can't get over this myself, I am going to ask my doctor if we have a Rehab Psychologist in this area.  Thanks again and a big hug to you.

Take care everyone.

I saw a rehab psychologist when I was in my medical limbo and then in my early diagnosis. She saved me. I had lost 20 pounds and was a mess. I also kept a journal which I shared with her. 

Prayers!

LAD

Good morning everyone.   Saturday, love    saturdays.  last time posting,  i signed off "fist to the sky"  .   Borrowed thAT  from the paperbag princess.  Where is she now,  maybe wandering lost in a big old cornfield, in Iowa? hi Christina, Anyways, it is ironic, cause I am still working against that rotator cuff/ frozen shoulder problem that I seemed to bring home following the dbs surgery,.  I can't raise my fist to the sky unless that arm is holding the rope threaded through the pulley that I have rigged up to exercise my arms.   I could revise that fist to the sky to maybe foot to the sky but somehow "foot to the sky doesn't" seem quite as defiant. Whatcha think. ???  My parky symptoms are being handled quite nicely though by the dbs operation and equipment,

Hiya Em, glad that you like to hear from me.  How did your town fare in the contest of beautiful flowers and such.  And the Pope is arriving there today? And Marcia,where did you drive to for your camping trip this time. ? Lady, so nice that you got to the beach.  And where your son could join up with you,

Peace, i think Parkinsons has us all at the edge.  In my case I could always do what ever physically needed doing.  not now.  Tears, let me tell you this.  Previous to going for my dbs operation, I attended a yoga class.  A young man lead the session talked to us at the end as we assumed the cool down positions.  Saying things as we relaxed, like "just think about any problems that you  are having, any worries, just break them into little pieces, work on them bit by bit, forget the stuff you can't change, there, the problem is smaller already, now just shrug some more off and wiggle into a more comfortable situation, let that stress flow out of your hands and your mind" by that time I was not sobbing but my face was just wet with tears of relief as that young man talked me down from where I was.

And I think that is our Dianne.  She is a Parky whisperer.  Listen to her words, cause she, despite all she has suffered, can soon cut through to what is important in life.  I sincerely believe this Dianne. 

And so, My foot is to the sky in defiance against parkinsons. 

love peace and hugs to you all, 

jb

• Like 1

I'm glad to hear that a rehab psychologist helped you so much LAD.  I had never heard of one until Dianne mentioned it.  It's something I will keep in mind.  Saturday I started to go emotionally down hill again but it helped tremendously to just sit on the porch and take a break.  Thanks to Dianne's post, I knew I had to stop and honor the "revised" me and realize I can't expect myself to accomplish everything I could pre PD.

jb-the absolute best part of your post was when you said your symptoms were being handled nicely with the dbs surgery and equipment.  I'm so glad to hear that.  AND that Dianne is a Parky Whisperer-no truer words have been spoken.  She's so gracious to offer a word of encouragement to us all though her own trials have been many.

Marcia  Good to hear from you.  Thanks for taking the time to retype your disappearing post.

The combines will be out in the fields soon.   If I see Christina the Paperbag Princess out there I'll tell her "Hi" from you jb.  I would go looking before they harvest the corn but that'd be too scary.  LOL   I'm thinking of Steven King's Children of the Corn.  I'm going to go lock my doors.

Feet to the sky everyone!

Good Night.

• Like 3

Yes. lovely stated Peace. I think that you have a good handle on things. Next time I fall onto my ass, I will attempt to get at least one leg up in an act of defiance. 

I am having a hard time getting up from my little noontime nap.  Thay is an easy habit to get into.   Yikes.  The day  goes too fast as it is.  I remember at my Uncle's farm at this time of year, us kids would run through the corn fields.  The fields around here would be very small in comparison to what you have in the midwest but we could still get lost  in them. Lost but not for long.  You could soon pop out on a recognized sideroad or laneway..With the inevitable corn leaf slices on our arms and faces.

You'all have a great day.

jb

On ‎8‎/‎25‎/‎2018 at 4:58 PM, jb49 said:

Good morning everyone.   Saturday, love    saturdays.  last time posting,  i signed off "fist to the sky"  .   Borrowed thAT  from the paperbag princess.  Where is she now,  maybe wandering lost in a big old cornfield, in Iowa? hi Christina, Anyways, it is ironic, cause I am still working against that rotator cuff/ frozen shoulder problem that I seemed to bring home following the dbs surgery,.  I can't raise my fist to the sky unless that arm is holding the rope threaded through the pulley that I have rigged up to exercise my arms.   I could revise that fist to the sky to maybe foot to the sky but somehow "foot to the sky doesn't" seem quite as defiant. Whatcha think. ???  My parky symptoms are being handled quite nicely though by the dbs operation and equipment,

Hiya Em, glad that you like to hear from me.  How did your town fare in the contest of beautiful flowers and such.  And the Pope is arriving there today? And Marcia,where did you drive to for your camping trip this time. ? Lady, so nice that you got to the beach.  And where your son could join up with you,

Peace, i think Parkinsons has us all at the edge.  In my case I could always do what ever physically needed doing.  not now.  Tears, let me tell you this.  Previous to going for my dbs operation, I attended a yoga class.  A young man lead the session talked to us at the end as we assumed the cool down positions.  Saying things as we relaxed, like "just think about any problems that you  are having, any worries, just break them into little pieces, work on them bit by bit, forget the stuff you can't change, there, the problem is smaller already, now just shrug some more off and wiggle into a more comfortable situation, let that stress flow out of your hands and your mind" by that time I was not sobbing but my face was just wet with tears of relief as that young man talked me down from where I was.

And I think that is our Dianne.  She is a Parky whisperer.  Listen to her words, cause she, despite all she has suffered, can soon cut through to what is important in life.  I sincerely believe this Dianne. 

And so, My foot is to the sky in defiance against parkinsons. 

love peace and hugs to you all, 

jb

Hi jb and friends...Judging for Enterale Florale  competition is on September 22nd so we'll know then how our village gets on...

Take care guys.

Em

Hi all. We've been driving around.. We drove through the states and then up to PEI. It is so beautiful. Everyone had tons of flowers. The discussion moved to people who can not cross that long bridge to get to PEI. One way was to distract yourself with other things or thoughts. But can't do that if you are the driver. Another way was to take a boat across. But you would be closer to the water . There was another way but I  forget what it was. It's very intimidating.  I labored over crossing a couple weeks before we went. The trip back I was reading something and was across before I knew it. I vote for distraction. I sat and gazed ahead making sure I didn't look at the water. I also thought why did I make such a big deal of it. Parkinsons is worse. That didn't make me feel better. 

My DH wanted to see both coasts so we went to the West Coast which is very long ways and Atlantic Coast. 

Marcia

• Like 2

Wow Marcia, you went to both coasts?  That would be lovely.  I have not crossed that bridge to get to PEI.  Last time there it was by ferry still.   Is it still an island if I can drive to it,?  Anyone else have a nice drive somewhere this summer?

Today my grandson starts college in Ottawa.  The "growup fast" turbocharger is activated now, 

Good days to everybody. jb 

• Like 1

Good morning to all. I'm slowly crawling out from under a rock of pain caused by a strained muscle in my left shoulder. I've had to take nearly double the amount of muscle relaxer for the past week. I've been using two heating pads--one for my shoulder and one for my right hip. My Parkie life goes on. Fortunately, I have a rich inner life that brings much solace and comfort, and wonderful friends who understand and bring me joy.

Dianne 

• Like 1

Hi Diane, I hear you groan sister,,,,  After having dbs surgery with a minimum amount of discomfort, my aforementioned rotater cuff problem has been very painful.  I would not whine to you guys about it except the dog and  horses and my wife don.t want to hear about it anymore.   ice packs, hot water bottles, ben gay heat rubs help me through the day.   I know that shoulders get used a lot Diane.  Are you like me when I think  "where did that come from?"   Heal fast Diane,  thinking bout you D.    Have a good day friends, jb

• Like 1

Not every day is good but there is good in every day! Or something like that! 

Find your joy Dianne!

LAD

• Like 1