helplinedonate
  • Announcements

• ForumAdmin

Frequently Asked Questions - Step by step guides

Do you need assistance registering, logging in, posting, etc? Please visit the all new Frequently Asked Question Forum for step-by-step guides. Click the link below to access these helpful guides. Frequently Asked Questions
    • ForumAdmin

Recursos Nuevos en Español

http://www.parkinson.org/ayuda   http://www.parkinson.org/espanol    
    • ForumAdmin

Línea de Ayuda 1-800-473-4636

Línea de Ayuda 1-800-473-4636   ¿Qué es la línea de ayuda 1-800-4PD-INFO (473-4636) de la Fundación Nacional de Parkinson? Es un número de teléfono gratuito que ayuda a las personas con la enfermedad de Parkinson, sus familiares, amigos y profesionales de salud, a solucionar diferentes inquietudes.   La línea de ayuda ofrece: Información actualizada Apoyo emocional Referidos a profesionales de salud Recursos comunitarios Amplia variedad de publicaciones gratis    
jb49

Good morning!!

6,939 posts in this topic

Good morning everybody..almost 7am here I'm so used to getting up early when my son is in school that even in the holidays i still wake up. Anyway hope all is well with everybody....and hope our friend jb catches some real nice fish.

Take care all and thanks again for being here

Em

Good morning Em, yes, I seem to be quite an early riser now, though today is a bit of a lay in for me :rolleyes: My youngest has now left school having just completed his GCSE's so it all feels a bit strange after so many years. Hope you have a lovely day over in Ireland - Kilkenny is it?

And good morning to everyone else as well.My task for the morning is to tackle the ironing mountain that has grown in my kitchen - just preparing myself with a cup of tea - wish me luck!!

Good morning Em, yes, I seem to be quite an early riser now, though today is a bit of a lay in for me :rolleyes: My youngest has now left school having just completed his GCSE's so it all feels a bit strange after so many years. Hope you have a lovely day over in Ireland - Kilkenny is it?

And good morning to everyone else as well.My task for the morning is to tackle the ironing mountain that has grown in my kitchen - just preparing myself with a cup of tea - wish me luck!!

Hi Gazelle, gosh i hate ironing especially now it takes longer but ah well has to be done i guess..I'm just back from a long walk, my sister picked up Sean yesterday so he's gone to her house for a few days as she has a few jobs for him on the farm.. so he's happy enough with some extra pocket money so i have a quiet house.Dk, Bill, Marcia, Carol, Jack everybody have a good day.

Em

Hello Friends...Returned home from the wilds of southern Lousisana late in the day on Saturday. It was so nice to smell the clean, dry Colorado air and not have to wear SCUBA gear in order to breathe through all of the humidity! Have to say that I was one tired puppy when I finally made it home. My sweet wife then filled me in on the brewing civil war between our youngest and our middle child. So, I played Henry Kissinger all weekend and have now negotiated a very shaky cease-fire. Tomorrow, I head back out of town for a couple of days. My sweet wife is now begging to go with me! Ah, the joys of having teenagers...of course, I was ever the good boy...yeh, right. To Mom and Dad up in Heaven...I'm so sorry for all that I must have put you through!

I hope you all have a wonderful day and that life treats you kindly today.

Take care...Bill

We are just back from camping this weekend. Friends came over last night to eat dinner outside (it's different at a campsite) and the lady friend went to give me a hug and I almost fell over and flattened her! I was standing on uneven pavement and the act of slightly leaning thru me off. Yikes!

Hi again, it's evening now. Thanks for replying Em, I didn't get very far with the ironing - I think i'm just feeling a bit low because i'm tired and everythings a bit slow today. I've been on my own all day and am faffing about doing nothing and trying not to think about the future. I need to buck up. If anyones out there can you plesae give me a virtual kick up the jacksy :-(

Hi again, it's evening now. Thanks for replying Em, I didn't get very far with the ironing - I think i'm just feeling a bit low because i'm tired and everythings a bit slow today. I've been on my own all day and am faffing about doing nothing and trying not to think about the future. I need to buck up. If anyones out there can you plesae give me a virtual kick up the jacksy :-(

Guess what gazelle you and me both since i got back from my walk this morning i had planned on doing housework instead I've been sitting and pondering over everything and anything and got nothing done now it's 8.30pm here..also on my own all day, so your not the only one in need of a kick up the you know what..

oh well, some days are best forgotten!! I should know by now to get off my butt and do something but hey ho. My day has finished with the window falling out of my car - literally! The only way is up Em - hope tomorrow is brighter :lol::-P:-P:lol:

oh well, some days are best forgotten!! I should know by now to get off my butt and do something but hey ho. My day has finished with the window falling out of my car - literally! The only way is up Em - hope tomorrow is brighter :lol::-P:-P:lol:

Good morning all, Gazelle hope you have a better day today..i'm just off to get ready for doc visit so catch up later..take care everybody.

Em

Afternoon all. I've had to use my car today so have spent the day taping a black sack around the drivers window every time I stop somewhere. I don't think it would stop a car thief for very long, but they may just feel sorry for me!

Hope it went ok at the docs Em. Yes, today has been a better day - just teaches me not to sit about doing nothing all day.

And Bill, I soooo recognise your description of teenage battles - hope the cease-fire is holding

Good evening to all :P

Afternoon all. I've had to use my car today so have spent the day taping a black sack around the drivers window every time I stop somewhere. I don't think it would stop a car thief for very long, but they may just feel sorry for me!

Hope it went ok at the docs Em. Yes, today has been a better day - just teaches me not to sit about doing nothing all day.

And Bill, I soooo recognise your description of teenage battles - hope the cease-fire is holding

Good evening to all :P

Evening all, sorry about your car gazelle you'll be happy to get window sorted..ok at docs i think thanks I've been getting pains in my right side so doc is keeping an eye on it...sun is shining which is good..

Marcia, i'm thinking about your friend as it happened with me a few months ago only it was my friends husband he was flattered as i stumbled forward thought i had fallen for him..my friend however not so impressed..it was funny though.

morning all, morning Em, hope you're ok you've usually posted by now. it's round 2 with the ironing pile - i'm going for a knockout today or a submission at the very least.

morning all, morning Em, hope you're ok you've usually posted by now. it's round 2 with the ironing pile - i'm going for a knockout today or a submission at the very least.

Morning everybody..and to to you gazelle thanks i'm fine my meds were acting up all's ok now.wouldn't it be good if we had robots to do our ironing? dream on i guess..

Have a good day everybody

Em

We do have a machine now-a-days to help with ironing-it's called a dryer. I run most clothes thru the dryer and hang it up right away and we wear it or lump it. So if you see a woman wearing wrinkled clothes, it could be me! I pretend it's the fashion.

Good morning all..Hope you all have a good day :-)

Edited by em45

Goodmorning to Em, Marcia, Guys and Gazellda Girl. Hope you ladies have been having fun and doing something more than just ironing laundry. Well I have returned from the deep dark woods. It was fun but when I got home last nite I was exhausted. I have to hang out a washing of dirty camp clothes, get my grand son back to his Mom for a dentist appointment this morning and enjoy a cup of real coffee. Better get going and I look forward to catching up with everybody. I want all my friends here to march through today with health and strength. jb

Goodmorning to Em, Marcia, Guys and Gazellda Girl. Hope you ladies have been having fun and doing something more than just ironing laundry. Well I have returned from the deep dark woods. It was fun but when I got home last nite I was exhausted. I have to hang out a washing of dirty camp clothes, get my grand son back to his Mom for a dentist appointment this morning and enjoy a cup of real coffee. Better get going and I look forward to catching up with everybody. I want all my friends here to march through today with health and strength. jb

Hey jb welcome back glad you enjoyed your fishing trip...good day to everybody.

Boy, that was a short week! Wasn't the fish biting? Welcome back! An't it good to get home? Everyone should leave home for a few days just for the enjoyment of returning!

wow, sometimes things just dissapear into thin air. I did type a reply regarding the even more exciting topics of dusting and hoovering (for the benefit of Marcia who I know loves such things <_< ), but it's lost forever. Probably a good thing? Thanks Em for keeping the good morning going.

Top of the morning to everyone here today!! Monday is a holiday here in Canada, long weekends are wonderful. Marcia: The fishing wasn't good but we had planned to be only 3 days anyway. I don't feel like working today but I guess I gotta go. Good days to all. j

Edited by jb49

Top of the morning to everyone here today!! Monday is a holiday here in Canada, long weekends are wonderful. Marcia: The fishing wasn't good but we had planned to be only 3 days anyway. I don't feel like working today but I guess I gotta go. Good days to all. j

Good morning everybody..long weekend here also jb so there will be festivals going on in a lot of towns over the next couple of days.

hi Gazelle,Marcia, Bill and all have a good weekend..

wow, sometimes things just dissapear into thin air. I did type a reply regarding the even more exciting topics of dusting and hoovering (for the benefit of Marcia who I know loves such things <_< ), but it's lost forever. Probably a good thing? Thanks Em for keeping the good morning going.

Yeah, you are right. Seems so useless sometimes. Dusting and sweeping I mean. It just gets dirty again. Everything else gets dirty cause you used it. But not dust. So I've tried talking a lot and close up to blow it off things but I just end up spitting on the dust and that's not a pretty sight. I put my stocking feet on the coffee table and move them around and that works pretty good. I ended up putting cloth place matts on the end tables so the dust doesn't show, for a long time anyway. The only good thing about it is knowing there is just as much dust in space. I guess it's a problem there too. Can't even go into space to get away from it. Before I buy anything now I think, "Do I really like it well enough to dust it." Usually not. At one time in my life I went to work outside the home so I'd have an excuse not to clean. The only thing I asked my sister to not do is leave me messages in the dust. If it's not disturbed it's harder to see it's dusty. Yeah, you are right. So what do we name our dog when we found her- DUSTY!

ha ha, i've got a golden retriever with a long shaggy tail, so if I play with her for long enough I find she does the dusting for me. Only problem then is that the whole floor is burried under a sea of hair!

Good morning everybody, it is going to be a good day I think. Special good mornings to Shaky Spice Girl, I think I can speak for all in that we miss your posts, hope you are ok, One of Seven, where have you gone Dear Lady, Dr Soania, are you still reading this when you should be sleeping, and of course to the regulars who make my day. I think that our house is being visited today by 3 little boys and my daughter and husband. They celebrated 5 yrs of marriage yesterday. Wow, time flies. I hope that everyone has a great day today and you sorta forget that you even have Parky Flu. I got a ton of grass to cut and garden to weed. I'm eating t'maters from the garden now Eileen. I hate pulling weeds though, john