helplinedonate
jb49

Good morning!!

I don't know how you guys cope with such hot weather....i'm quite glad that it's not like that here - even if it is quite annoying that you leave the house in the morning in a vest top then freeze to death because the weather changes. Anyway, no more work for 4 days so i'm feeling very happy..it's been absolutely manic with the kids on the school holidays.

I've also had one of those lovely days when my symptoms have had a lazy day and stayed in bed when I got up. They shuffled out eventually but stayed in their dressing gown and hung around watching tv and eating pizza and not bothering me. If only every day was like this :) . I've been using my mini trampoline more lately and i'm wondering if this helps - I guess only time will tell.

Best wishes to all

Gazelle

Good morning all..enjoy your days off gazelle and good ending to the story..hope all is well with jb and everyone else.

take care em

Good morning Em and Everybody.,

What a busy week. I started some work in my daughters basement this week. Their family needs another bathroom and bedroom, basically finish off the basement. It is good that I can still do that work. But not so sure that I could pull it off in 5 years. Thursday night I got home but on Friday, Dear Wife and I went back to Kingston to see my neurologist who surprised me with a med change (more on that later). Home again, and my son and his wife are here from Ottawa. My Daughter arrived with her 3 boys. Her hubby came home from work sick yesterday. Hope he gets here today soon. The occasion is my neice who lives next door is getting married today. WhoooHoooo, party time !!!

Anyways, good morning everybody, its 6 in the morning and we have Charlie (16 months) Tommy (3 yr) and Nicky (10) running around the house. Things are hopping!!

Good work on the DK Dragon story everyone, good ending Gazzy.

Be strong Everybody, good days and times to everyone. John

Hi Em, see you're up early as usual. I actually slept until 8.30 today which was so lovely. And hello jb, welcome back - sounds like you've got a very busy schedule, but lots of fun. And none of that nonsense about five years time - wait till you get there and then you'll know (though maybe you were talking about your age rather than pd?...though not wishing to bring up that subject again :wink: )

Well, i've got nothing exciting to report, though the odd thing is i've had a really lovely couple of days. I have continued with the housework from yesterday. My home is gleaming (I can see Marcia holding her head in her hands at the thought of my wasted hours!). Actually I have been feeling very good the last few days. I've been trying out new exercises on my little trampoline and I know we are forever struck by good days and false hopes, but i'm feeling a bit more like a normal human being. I shall carry on an report on anything if it stays.

Have a lovely weekend all from a very happy Gazelle :)

Hi Em, see you're up early as usual. I actually slept until 8.30 today which was so lovely. And hello jb, welcome back - sounds like you've got a very busy schedule, but lots of fun. And none of that nonsense about five years time - wait till you get there and then you'll know (though maybe you were talking about your age rather than pd?...though not wishing to bring up that subject again :wink: )

Well, i've got nothing exciting to report, though the odd thing is i've had a really lovely couple of days. I have continued with the housework from yesterday. My home is gleaming (I can see Marcia holding her head in her hands at the thought of my wasted hours!). Actually I have been feeling very good the last few days. I've been trying out new exercises on my little trampoline and I know we are forever struck by good days and false hopes, but i'm feeling a bit more like a normal human being. I shall carry on an report on anything if it stays.

Have a lovely weekend all from a very happy Gazelle :)

Hi Gazelle, yes early rise again this morning as i normally take meds at 7am so would you believe every morning my tremor starts at 6.15 so i don't need to set an alarm..good for you exercising if it helps that's great...hi jb good to have you back..the parties just went on and on no stopping this crowd the minute you turn your back especially marcia i'd keep an eye on her.. :-D joke..ha ha

OOOH, Happy Gazelle makes everyone happy. My Dearwife is always happy when the house is clean.

Anyways, wedding is over! My hips are swivelled off from dancing. Got home at 2 am and my little grandbabies are up at 6 am. No time for Parky today.

Good day to all, john

We are in the dog days of summer. Every day is the same. Nineties and hot! But I love these blue skies! When it's this hot you want a siesta, You take walks after dark or in the morning, and you drink lots of water. It is August!

Good Day!,

Last week I worked at my daughter's house and stayed over a couple nites. Family wedding on the weekend with grandsons and toys all over the house. We had 7 extra bodies in the house. Today my daughter, husband, and 10 yr old grandson flew to British Columbia for a week to visit friends and we have two sweet little boys for three days before we pass them over to the husbands mother so that we can share the "enjoyment". I love my grandbabies, really I do! To all you Parkies with little kids at home, you are terrific.

Hope everyone has an outstanding day and that you go get some icecream this afternoon, john

Good Day!,

Last week I worked at my daughter's house and stayed over a couple nites. Family wedding on the weekend with grandsons and toys all over the house. We had 7 extra bodies in the house. Today my daughter, husband, and 10 yr old grandson flew to British Columbia for a week to visit friends and we have two sweet little boys for three days before we pass them over to the husbands mother so that we can share the "enjoyment". I love my grandbabies, really I do! To all you Parkies with little kids at home, you are terrific.

Hope everyone has an outstanding day and that you go get some icecream this afternoon, john

Hello John and to all of my friends here...not a good day for me...not feeling well at all physically and troubled by a series of dreams of late. For the past 3 nights I've had very vivid dreams of dying. Each dream is very realistic but very different from the others. Different in that the settings differ and the circumstances of my "death" differ as well. Now, I don't acually expire in the dreams but I get just to the edge and then wake up. Eerily, although the dreams were very disturbing, the feeling I experienced most before waking up was of absolute peace. I don't know that I've ever felt more relaxed..."comfortably numb" if you will. When I awoke, I didn't know if I should feel sadness from the dreams or frustration from not knowing how to get back to that "numb" feeling.

Any dream interpreters out there?

Take care...Bill

Hi

I'm new to this site and I've probably posted in the wrong place altogether but I want to say hello to jb and ems

From Lucy

Hi

I'm new to this site and I've probably posted in the wrong place altogether but I want to say hello to jb and ems

From Lucy

Hi lucy..welcome,glad you made it and you have the right place..you'll find a nice bunch of people here.

Take care em :-)

Dear Bill, sorry to hear you're not in good health. RE the dreams, I have heard there are sites on the net that interpret dreams - never tried them myself so haven't a clue what they might be like. The waking up sounds good though.

Welcome Lila. This thread was set up by jb as a general catch-up place so it's a good place to say hello.

I too had a houseful of kids yesterday jb, but they all went home so it's been peaceful since. A day off work today - have been for a bit of retail therapy.

Sending best wishes to all

Hello John and to all of my friends here...not a good day for me...not feeling well at all physically and troubled by a series of dreams of late. For the past 3 nights I've had very vivid dreams of dying. Each dream is very realistic but very different from the others. Different in that the settings differ and the circumstances of my "death" differ as well. Now, I don't acually expire in the dreams but I get just to the edge and then wake up. Eerily, although the dreams were very disturbing, the feeling I experienced most before waking up was of absolute peace. I don't know that I've ever felt more relaxed..."comfortably numb" if you will. When I awoke, I didn't know if I should feel sadness from the dreams or frustration from not knowing how to get back to that "numb" feeling.

Any dream interpreters out there?

Take care...Bill

I've kept track of interesting dreams for years and could tell you some whoppers! I actually had one where I died too. On waking up before I was completely awake, I had the thought I was going to die of heart attack. The website I use to interpret them said death means a new beginning. You have to take what they say and think about how you feel about it and what is going on in your life at the time. Here is the website www.dreammoods.com . In the upper right corner is a dream dictionary. It's pretty good but remember that they don't know how you feel or what is going on in your life.

Welcome Lila, you landed in a good spot. Glad you are here. I hope that you post lots. Bill, I don't interperate dreams very well. I have had some funny ones but nothing like what you describe. Is your drug program out of whack Bill. I hope that you are feeling better soon. Go to that happy place in your mind in the canyon with Sting and the Orchestra, feel the breeze, have a cup of tea. know that we got your back Bill.

Gazzy, M & M: Always good to hear from you guys.

Be strong everybody and say a word for Bill tonite. jb

PS. I received a lovely envelope from Ireland and the girls in particular at my Parky group were very impressed with its content!!

I came across this on the net and liked it so thought i'd share it.

It's called the A to Zen of life

Avoid negative sources, people and places

Believe in yourself

Consider things from every angle

Don’t give up and don’t give in

Everything you are looking for lies behind the mask you wear

Family and friends are hidden treasures. Seek them and enjoy their riches

Give more than you planned to

Hang onto your dreams

If opportunity doesn’t knock, build a door

Judge yourself by what you had to give up to get it

Keep trying, no matter how hard it seems

Love yourself

Make it happen

Never lie, steal or cheat

Open your arms to change, but never let go of your values

Practice makes perfect

Quality not quantity in anything you do

Remember that sometimes silence is the best answer

Stop procrastinating

Take control of your own destiny

Understand yourself in order to better understand others

Visualise it

When you lose, don’t lose the lesson

Xcellence in all your efforts

You are unique, nothing can replace you

Zero in on your target and go for it

Morning all.

John, yes, I thought i'd print it and stick it up somewhere. I particularly like the 'Visualise it' line. I don't think this gets mentioned very often, but I read somewhere that this part of the brain is not used properly when you have pd - can't remember the detail but it's something else I have added to my 'to do' list.

btw - i'm curious about your comment about envelopes from Ireland - are you sending coded messages? :huh:

Have a good day all

Day 2 with Babies, for the love of God, help!! Situation is critical, how do you say Mayday, mayday. Supplies are dwindling and the relief column won't be here till tomorrow. Critical levels of diapers, kleenex, popsicles, patience, and choclate milk. Have watched "Cars" 17 times, babies will not sleep at same time, get up too early and splash in bathtub. Leave toys in path of parkies. Actually that isn't a problem now for me cause Tommy tied me to this chair and I am typing this with my nose. Cushions have been on and off couch, constructing forts and I don't even know where the couch is now. Heck, I'm not sure where Dear Wife is. Someone call 911 please!!

Not really, everything is going good here. Hi Em and Carol. Hi Lila. Hope you had a good sleep Bill.

Gazzy, oh curious one, What I received from Ireland were bookmarks that Lila had made with her Parkinson Poetry printed upon them. They are very nice, I'm glad that you asked Gazelle!

Day 2 with Babies, for the love of God, help!! Situation is critical, how do you say Mayday, mayday. Supplies are dwindling and the relief column won't be here till tomorrow. Critical levels of diapers, kleenex, popsicles, patience, and choclate milk. Have watched "Cars" 17 times, babies will not sleep at same time, get up too early and splash in bathtub. Leave toys in path of parkies. Actually that isn't a problem now for me cause Tommy tied me to this chair and I am typing this with my nose. Cushions have been on and off couch, constructing forts and I don't even know where the couch is now. Heck, I'm not sure where Dear Wife is. Someone call 911 please!!

Not really, everything is going good here. Hi Em and Carol. Hi Lila. Hope you had a good sleep Bill.

Gazzy, oh curious one, What I received from Ireland were bookmarks that Lila had made with her Parkinson Poetry printed upon them. They are very nice, I'm glad that you asked Gazelle!