helplinedonate
sessie

Formication - creepy crawly skin

Hey, does anyone else experience episodes of formication, where your skin feels super sensitive or like bugs are crawling on you or like your skin is creepy-crawly?

Any experiences or advice or tips? My partner isn't experiencing it a ton, but has it sometimes. It sure is disturbing when it happens. When you google PD and formication, there are references to it, but not tons to read.

Thanks!!

Hi Sessie, I have that problem but mine is not associated with PD. I have nerve damage in my lower back. It usually shows up when I'm sitting in a chair or lying in bed. It's accompanied by the muscle fasciculation in my lower legs. I have a spinal cord stimulator that helps somewhat with the problem and I take Trazodone at bedtime which helps to calm everything down while I sleep. I agree, it is very disturbing.

Dave

Oh my gosh finally I hear someone has the same thing. Yes I do. A horrible feeling. Neuro sent me to a phychiatrist after 4 years and they put me on nerotin. I probably spelled that wrong. He told me it had to do with anxiety. Good luck

I had to use google, just to figure out what formication was. I thought it was a typo at first. still gives me a little chuckle everytime I see this post. (I'm glad I'm not the only one with a mind in the gutter)

Formication is caused by demons. The cure begins with casting out the demons (removing them) in the name of Jesus Christ. This is ancient information written about in the New Testament of the Holy Bible. A person can have thousands of these demons inside of them. They are extremely common and numerous in the world. Nearly everyone has these demons inside of them. They are responsible for a wide variety of common symptoms, ailments, conditions and manifestations. To name a few: the common cold, flu, athlete's foot, formication, bloating, diarrhea, urinary urgency, headaches, fever, arthritis... etc. They are the goose that lays golden eggs for the health care industry. They are covered up by servants of the devil around the world. I am a servant of the Lord Jesus Christ, a man of God, exposing this coverup. 

• Haha 1

I had this symptom prior to diagnosis. It typically would happen at the end of a long workday when I was the most fatigued & trying to relax. When I started dopamine agonist therapy, it quickly subsided. I think it was the Neupro patch, not the Pramipexole that helped the most. I stopped the Pramipexole almost 3 years ago, but fortunately, that symptom has not returned. And yes, it is quite annoying!

On 3/26/2019 at 5:35 PM, AlertChristians said:
Formication is caused by demons. The cure begins with casting out the demons (removing them) in the name of Jesus Christ. This is ancient information written about in the New Testament of the Holy Bible. A person can have thousands of these demons inside of them. They are extremely common and numerous in the world. Nearly everyone has these demons inside of them. They are responsible for a wide variety of common symptoms, ailments, conditions and manifestations. To name a few: the common cold, flu, athlete's foot, formication, bloating, diarrhea, urinary urgency, headaches, fever, arthritis... etc. They are the goose that lays golden eggs for the health care industry. They are covered up by servants of the devil around the world. I am a servant of the Lord Jesus Christ, a man of God, exposing this coverup. 

You're joking, RIGHT?!?!?!

• Thanks 1

Hi @DaveN

I have spotted a study in the past trialling spinal cord stimulators in PD patients had delivered some success in improving gait.  Not sure if you have had much issue with walking pre and post the stimulator, but would you say it helped in any way?

My walking is decently affected, however taking enough meds to alleviate the issue causes me to have daytime sleep issues, so interested in anything other than meds that has helped people.

Thanks!

Rok,

I'm probably not a good person to answer this question.  My stimulator is designed to block pain signals.  It really has not done much for my gait. I have drop foot in my right foot from the nerve damage.  When I'm off, it looks like I had one too many drinks.  A good person to ask this question is the pharmacist under "Ask the Pharmacist". I believe he had the procedure you are inquiring about.

Dave