helplinedonate
PatR

Restore-gold

Hello Mark. Hope you are well. I ran across this product and I wondered if you had any knowledge of it.

https://wehaveparkinsons.com/products/restore-gold/

Thank you for all your informative posts. I have learned so much from reading your replies.

PatR620

F/65

Diagnosed Jan/2015 after one year of symptoms/testing

Current meds:

Azilect 1.5 mg/day (2 doses)

Pramipexole 3.5mg/day (4 doses)

WP Thyroid 81.25mg/day

Eliquis 5mg/day

Edited by Pat Ruby

I have  heard this product works well in early stage parkinson's (stages 1-3). It has shown little success in stages 4 & 5.

For the first few weeks on it your symptoms usually worsen as your body becomes used to the product. After that, the symptoms usually get better. 

I have only seen a few studies on it and they do seem positive. 

It may be worth a try. 

I hope that helps and please keep me posted. 

Hiker,

There are 3 main ingredients that help with Parkinson's symptoms:

1) (NAC) also known as N-acetyl-cysteine. This increases the Dopamine binding. Which means that Dopamine will bind to the receptors to a greater extent allowing for more Dopamine to be used in he brain to relieve symptoms.

2) Green Tea Extract. The chemical in Green Tea Extract, epicatechin gallate, is used to reduce free radicals and inflammation. Free radicals are molecules that get into our system and interfere with the production or longevity of certain substances, in this case it is Dopamine. It is also believed, but has not been proven, That ECG may may have a neuroprotective factor associated with it. This means that it may have the ability to protect certain cells from being broken down.

3) L-tyrosine. This product has shown to increase the levels of Tyrosine in the Cerebral Spinal Fluid, the fluid that runs through the brain and spinal cord, which can increase Dopamine turnover. This means more Dopamine will be available.

Hiker,

The only side effects that I am aware of is some stomach upset and heart burn. 

I hope this helps and please keep me posted.

Hiker,

The doses I would recommend would be the following:

Great Tea: 200mg

L-Tyrosine: 400mg

N-Acetyl-Cysteine: 400mg

These are the strengths of the individual capsules. The maximum daily dose is actually 4 times a day, but as always I recommend that you start low and go slow. Just because there is a maximum daily dose does not mean that you need to take that amount to be effective. Once, twice, or even three times a day may be effective.

I would start off with one capsule of each once daily, preferably in the morning. Try this for a week, at which time you can increase to one capsule of each twice daily, in the morning and late afternoon. I would also recommend not to take the Green Tea too close to bedtime because it can act as a stimulant which can affect your sleep.

After the week of taking each twice daily you can then increase to three times a day if needed. After this third week on the medication you may increase to taking each capsule four times a day if needed. Most people have success at lower frequencies, such as one to three times a day.

Thank you! Are the results more effective if you take all three drugs? The reason I am asking is because I have a 20 year history of insomnia and I'm a bit worried about the green tea.

Hiker,

The results would be better is all 3 products were used. What can be done if doses greater than twice a day are needed might be able to keep the Green Tea at twice a day while increasing the others to three or even four times a day.

Hiker,

They should not, but this may be different for each patient. That is also why I recommend that you start low and go slow.

I am eavesdropping on this question and I wonder . . . this is the first time I have ever heard of restore-gold . . . is this meant to be taken in addition to other meds such as carbidopa/levodopa or instead of them?

Cereus,

Great question. I recommend this as an additive to your regular medication regime. It may be used to enhance your treatment or may help you decrease other medications due to side effects.

I also recommend that people do not stop taking any of their medication without consulting you Doctor or Pharmacist.

Cereus,

No problem, any time. You know where to find me.

Thank you. I read the Restore Gold website as stating that there are four capsules in a single serving, which would in total have the amounts you recommend above, and that the Restore Gold regimen would include 16 total capsules — four servings — per day.   Is that correct or am I misreading?  If it is correct, would you still recommend starting with a single capsule, or more, and do you believe four servings per day are necessary?  I appreciate your time in answering our questions.  

John,

It looks like they have combined all the ingredients together. Their dosing regime is 4 capsules Four times a day. I would suggest to start with 4 capsules in the morning for about a week. After that you can increase by 4 capsules every week for the next 3 weeks if you feel you need to.

I don't necessarily believe that you would need all 16 capsules a day, that is why I suggest starting at 4 capsules per day and increasing if you need to. Also, if you are feeling better at the 4 capsules per day then you did prior to using it, you should try that for a couple weeks. This will help to lessen the chance of tolerance with the medication.

I don't see any harm in the full dose of 4 capsules Four times per day, but I don't believe it is necessary to start off on that regime.