helplinedonate
Superdecooper

Welcome to the club

The Rytary/Azilect is working out pretty good. I got my doc to boost my dosage of Rytary from 3x daily to 4x, so that I could take it about an hour before bedtime. I also received the mouth guard from my dentist to keep my teeth from chattering and grinding throughout the night. I seem to be resting better and wake up with a little more energy. That's the good news.

The bad news is that my big left toe is getting that certain funny feeling...just started about two weeks ago, and it's mostly inconsistent since the meds have put a stop to most all unwanted movement.  It happens mostly in the mornings, but sometimes midday between doses or late in the evening. The feeling in my left toe is the same as the one that started in April in my big right toe - which then then turned into nonstop, full-on flexing and curling under at random times of the day. 

Yes, most of my symptoms are on the right side, except for my left index finger which has had a tremor since December 2017. 

I haven't told my MDS yet, because I don't want anymore meds. I'm still trying to get used to the side effects. I'll tell him at my September visit if it doesn't go away.

-S

Sounds like things are going better for you. I'm glad! Certainly understand wanting to limit taking meds. Sometimes it seems a bit much.

I've been dealing with a new symptom of dystonia in my right arm/bicep. PD .........the gift that keeps on giving. 😐

Ouch. Dystonia is no joke. Are you taking baclofen muscle relaxer. For some people that helps some.

Yes im doing okay. Just dealing with side effects of taking C/L. Now that I’m taking it, the pain in my dominant hand, right foot and right shoulder have lightened up. Thank goodness. 

At least until the Meds wear off. 

-S

Edited by Superdecooper

Bother...

It would be amazing if I totally adapted to PD in less than two months. And no one would believe me anyway.

So, I'm going crazy here, quite simply. I'm no where near getting used to this. How long is this transition period supposed to last..ugh.

Waiting to get diagnosed sucks. Getting diagnosed sucks. and living with PD also sucks. 

I must be having a bad day, or something...

Here’s an odd thing. 

When I am happy, like watching a really great suspenseful movie, or seeing old friends, or laughing,  then my left leg starts tapping full force. If I happened to be sitting down at the time  

Its like my foot decides to let me know- we are really having a good time right now, buddy. So odd, but kinda funny. 

Most of my symptoms are all on my right side except for a tremor in my left index finger. 

-S

Edited by Superdecooper

So, PD is now part of my permanent medical record... 

Clinical notes from my MDS appointment this week -- 

Diagnoses This Visit

Parkinson disease  - Primary

ASSESSMENT:  Mr. Superdecooper is a xx-year old man with the above-mentioned history and idiopathic parkinsonism confirmed with DaTscan who is currently doing reasonably well on current regimen of antiparkinson medication, but may benefit from slightly higher dose.  Change detailed below will be made.

PLAN: 

1.         Continue Rytary but change to 48.75-195 dosage (one tab 4 times daily).

2.         Continue Azilect (rasagiline) 1 mg daily.

3.         Continue daily regimen of physical activity and exercise.

4.         Followup visit in 6 months.

• Like 1

Make sure your feet are not close together...it’s a PD thing. Wider base is more stable. 

LAD

Still coming to grips with this PD diagnosis.

so, seriously, when the meds wear off things revert back to tremors, stiffness, freezing and dropping stuff?

And if you forget to take meds because you are feeling okay, then you get a rude reminder that you have PD when symptoms re-emerge?

is that really how this works?

omg

Yes, that really is how it works.

Eventually you'll have a day where you take your meds exactly on time, with proper separation from food, and everything.  And they won't work.  You'll have the tremors, stiffness, etc anyway.  Those days are special.

Wish it wasn't that way, but it is.

Ummm, stump

that sound terrible. thankfully, i haven't experienced that. so what do you do on those "special" days - hide?

thanks for the link cereus.

-S

Kind of depends on what I need to do those days.  So far that hasn't been a work day, thankfully.  If I'm with family and friends that know about the diagnosis I just don't worry about it and let my tremors do their thing.  If it were to happen on a work day I'd go home/call in sick if could.

In 3 years I've only had maybe 3-5 days like that.  And usually it's not the whole day, but one dose that really is bad, and the next one at least kinda works.

The last time was not long before I had my meds increased.  Having a couple days like that is probably an indication that meds are needing some adjustments.