helplinedonate
Sign in to follow this  
kai

Sinemet vs. Sinemet ER

Hi Mark,

I'm currently taking C/L 25/100, 4 times a day. The hour before I take my next dose the med wears off. Do you think the Sinemet ER is more effective? I've tried Rytary but although it's supposed to space out the medicine better over time, it's been spotty for me. Thank you.

Edited by kai

Kai,

If you are not getting decent coverage from the regular Sinemet, you may want to check with your Doctor about trying the Controlled Release.

To try and get the most out of the regular release I try to have the patient set up a journal of when the medication is taken and when the off period is occurring. If you notice that the off periods are happening about the same time every day, I would recommend to set up your medication so that you take it about 30-45 minutes before the off period may start. The same can be done for the remaining doses.

By the sound of things, you have already done that. By changing to the CR (Controlled Release) you should get longer coverage by possibly taking fewer tablets per day.

Rytary, like Sinemet, may work in some people and not in others. If Rytary does not seem to work, Sinemet seems to be a great alternative.

I hope this helps and please keep me posted.

On 11/2/2018 at 8:37 PM, Marketfocus said:

Mark,

I get a better response from brand-name Sinemet (IR). Is there a brand-name Sinemet CR (same manufacturer)?  Thanks.

Market,

There is a brand name Sinemet CR available and it comes in two different strengths, CR 25/100 and CR 50/200.

I hope this helps and please keep me posted