helplinedonate
Sign in to follow this  
Divi

Sinemet cr 50/200 vs 25/100

Dear Dr Comes,

When is it better to take cr 50/200 vis-a-vis 25/100. I feel that 25/100 acts faster even if I take it a little after meal but cr requires totally empty stomach n then also it works till max 6 and a half hours or so. Is it it's normal duration of action or it all depends on your body as each PD patient's different. As I have RLS, sometimes, I sleep after taking cr around 10 but then it wears off by 3 am. Thanks.

Edited by Divi

Divi,

The regular Sinemet does seem to work a little faster than the CR. But, as you know, the CR is designed to last longer to give better control of symptoms while taking less tablets per day.

I have found it best to start most patients of with the regular release Sinemet to control symptoms. If needed, the dose can be increased if symptoms become worse. If the symptoms can longer be controlled with the regular release Sinemet the the Sinemet CR may be tried. The CR may also be implemented is a large number of the regular release Sinemet are needed to control the symptoms.

There are certain circumstances where the regular release and CR may be used together throughout the day to fine tune control the symptoms. Each patient is unique and their medication regime should be used for symptom relief.

I hope this helps and please keep me posted.

• Like 1

Divi,

You are welcome and if there is anything else I can help you with please let me know.