helplinedonate
Maverick

mcc950 your opinion thanks

Hi first just wanted to thank you for taking your time to help educate us. I’m 43 with PD confirmation with datscan diagnosis at 40. What’s your opinion on all this hype on #mcc950 the immune cell drug that’s claiming big promises?

Maverick,

I think that mcc950 is very promising but still needs more studying, either in the lab or patient trials. It has long been believed that inflammation may play a part in PD, as well as many other ailments and diseases. It isn't until recently that the inflammatory process has been studied to this extent.

Mcc950  is primarily being studied in Traumatic Brain Injuries to see what effect it has on blocking NLRP3 ( a specific inflammatory inflammasone) in the brains protection after a brain injury. In studying this process, it is believed that this inflammation can have a similar effect in PD. I believe it is much too soon to put all of our eggs in that basket. We are still trying to narrow down if PD is genetic or brought on by environments factors. I believe that the research in stem cell therapy/replacement is very promising and may eventually result in a breakthrough. For now, since the actual cause as to why Dopamine cells dye has not been established, our best defense is medication therapy. We have had great advancements in medication therapy in the not so distant past and, for now more than ever, we have choices than we have ever had.

I hope this helps and please keep me posted.