helplinedonate
jb49

Good morning!!

Congrats LAD! I can understand your worries,I played a father figure for a nephew and niece who got married last year,3 months apart.I was exactly in your shoes during the preparation,not sure if I would be able to cope with PD.But thank God,I was able to cope and on the wedding days,I increased my sinemet dose and dance like crazy.It was really something that diverted my thoughts away from PD.Very exciting,so go for it.I am sure you will enjoy it.

Lad sounds like your in new territory the being part of your oldest's wedding planning.  Have fun with preparation.  My wife and I have had three already.  My best advise is to relax.  I remember going with my wife(except the dress) things went smooth that way. 

From the sounds of your personality dancing will be a snap for you. Your journey begins kids getting married.  Keeps you young.  Congratulation!    

Chatted with a friend and she said I am both caregiver and patient. I am the only local caregiver for my parents who are facing challenges. I am working on a blog post about it...it is like i am in my own version of Back to the Future. I’m in the present but I’m also seeing a possible future self.  I’m trying to stay in the present and enjoy the time I’m spending with them.

LAD

Anybody watch the Aretha Franklin Tribute.  The singing and music was great.  My wife and I even shed a few tears.  She started out of Gospel music.   Imo  had one of the greats voices of all times.  Came through one of America's trying times.  Didn't notice even one symptom while watching the tribute to the Queen OF Soul.   Tom

JB - Happy Birthday

Omaha -- great voice and great memories.

I pushed myself to my limits.   Five VIPs arriving at 18 hours flying and transfer from China.  Five wet noses and happy tails (tales) and wet sloppy kisses for our volunteer crew. I have a big van, so volunteered. Oh flight delays, customs delays, loaded safely at 2 AM in Houston. Three-hour drive home (we piled into a hotel to get some sleep and drive back in daylight hours).  What was I thinking? 

DOhmONo.png

They were a bit jet lagged. Buc-ee's is a Texas Icon (gas station, lots of bathrooms, and place to grab lunch). Michelle and Lynn, sitting against the beaver)  being our two volunteers who flew over to China to meet the dogs and accompany five back to their new life in Texas. My wife is in the blue holding Phoenix (she loves junk food and eating out, I'm eating healthy!)

qSn18AY.jpg

http://www.grr-tx.com/2019-China-Goldens

I've increased my exercise. Boxing three times a week. Jogging three times a week. Now I am adding cycling and swimming. Plan to compete in a sprint (short distance) triathlon.  Santa Cruz in August. 750M swim; 5K run; 20K bike ride  (so 1/2 mile swim; 3-mile run; 12-mile bike).   My 7-year-old sister did this in 96 minutes last year (she is fast and avid open water ocean swimmer). I plan to finish!  

• Like 1

9 hours ago, TexasTom said:

JB - Happy Birthday

Omaha -- great voice and great memories.

I pushed myself to my limits.   Five VIPs arriving at 18 hours flying and transfer from China.  Five wet noses and happy tails (tales) and wet sloppy kisses for our volunteer crew. I have a big van, so volunteered. Oh flight delays, customs delays, loaded safely at 2 AM in Houston. Three-hour drive home (we piled into a hotel to get some sleep and drive back in daylight hours).  What was I thinking? 

DOhmONo.png

They were a bit jet lagged. Buc-ee's is a Texas Icon (gas station, lots of bathrooms, and place to grab lunch). Michelle and Lynn, sitting against the beaver)  being our two volunteers who flew over to China to meet the dogs and accompany five back to their new life in Texas. My wife is in the blue holding Phoenix (she loves junk food and eating out, I'm eating healthy!)

qSn18AY.jpg

http://www.grr-tx.com/2019-China-Goldens

I've increased my exercise. Boxing three times a week. Jogging three times a week. Now I am adding cycling and swimming. Plan to compete in a sprint (short distance) triathlon.  Santa Cruz in August. 750M swim; 5K run; 20K bike ride  (so 1/2 mile swim; 3-mile run; 12-mile bike).   My 7-year-old sister did this in 96 minutes last year (she is fast and avid open water ocean swimmer). I plan to finish!  

Awesome stuff 

• Like 1

Hello Texas Tom

It must of taken allot of intervention to get the dogs.   I am a dog lover.   Got 2 rescues at home.  Thank you for posting your efforts to give these dogs a second chance!  OT

Happy birthday JB!

We love Buckees! We even have a Buckee pillow.

Texas Tom, that’s a lot of exercise.

LAD, At our sons, We didnt know how to dance so when we had to get up at the reception we just did circles. It was more fun then worrying about what we looked like. You gain another person into your family. Anyone who can flip tires will be ok.

windy here today. Possible thunderstorm. Then gets cold again.

Hi, jb! 

Happy Birthday!

And many thanks for keeping the home fires burning here on your thread in our Forum.  It's always been a welcoming, friendly site to visit and always a fun and happy time to be had with your warm welcomes and endless jokes and stories.  I hope at some point to be able to visit more often.  ]

Blessings to you, JJ Bushka~

Linda

5 hours ago, MarciaJ said:

Happy birthday JB!

We love Buckees! We even have a Buckee pillow.

Texas Tom, that’s a lot of exercise.

LAD, At our sons, We didnt know how to dance so when we had to get up at the reception we just did circles. It was more fun then worrying about what we looked like. You gain another person into your family. Anyone who can flip tires will be ok.

windy here today. Possible thunderstorm. Then gets cold again.

Oh Marcia....my hubby and I dance anytime and anywhere we get a chance.  And let me tell you, sometimes we look ridiculous but we don’t care...we just have fun! 

Finally warm here...it felt like spring

LAD

Hello lad

We just had big ranTues./Wed.  on top of 3 ft. of unmelted snow.  My neighbors looked at the nut shoveling paths around his house slow with a cane pressed into his gut for support.  Also made paths for the water to escape to the street in front and creek in the back yard. Made sure the sump pump was open. New our rain was coming 3 days ahead.  Took all three days to prepare. Many in my neighborhood got flooded basements. Sump pumps went out.  If the rain hasn't come yet just a suggestion.  I ended up with a dry basement.  I'm old school and hard headed. Taught by the best.   Got a few boots  in the DUPA from my dad to get me to listen and help out when i was a kid.  Now that I look back those boots to the dupa served me well.   Tom been up since 1 am.   Hopefully now that I am done preaching  try to get to sleep again.   Should of been a priest.   Never would of made it.   Had a problem needing too many boots to the dupa.

Omaha Tom, friends were posting photos of care floating past their house. Insane amount of flooding.

When my Sister bought her place in Galt (outside of Sacramento, CA) she wanted acreage for horses. My day would go out to look at a place, shake his head no and leave! He did that about half a dozen times, drove her crazy. Finally one location, he stopped. Got out of his car and looked around in a long wide circle and said it would be perfect. Sis built a 1500 sq bedroom home (single mom, three kids). Next was a 10 stall horse barn with a large loft. She told my Dad she didn't need that much hay, but he insisted she needed a large hayloft (not sure how long hay stores, but up kept dry and barn cats meant it was good for a few years).

Sure enough ten years later, when Sacramento had floods, she called my parents to tell them everything around here was flooded. She was on high ground, Dad didn't miss a beat and told her to get busy feeding those horses. Her five and another 25 guests had arrived. Plenty of food and dry ground to help feed and house the horses until the were reunited with their families.